Hey Guys, We just setup a Microsoft Exchange server here at the office, with some ... BlackBerry Curve forum

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5

Microsoft Exchange

Advertisement

Hey Guys,

We just setup a Microsoft Exchange server here at the office, with some sort of BES support.
    I'm actually not setup on a BES, i'm apparently on a BIS (OTA Email) but i think that it still goes through the exchange.
    I have a Bell Mobility 8330 (MTS ALLSTREAM 4.5.0.56) and I stopped getting my emails on my blackberry ever since they setup the exchange, and every time I try to send one from it i get an email in outlook from Microsoft Exchange stating "Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:"

Does anyone know what it could possibly be? The IT guys are saying that it might have to do with me being on 4.5 but I don't think thats the case
    Last edited by krikor222; 10-01-2008 at 10:56 AM.
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well I'm thoroughly confused by the explanation but I'll give it a shot.

You have Exchange setup, "with some sort of BES support"? What does this mean? Do you have BES or no? Was your device activated on the BES?

Have you logged into your BIS and re-entered your password and/or resent your service books if you are not on the BES?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    From my understanding, we're running a Microsoft Exchange server. Some of the guys here are on BES but I apparently am not. My email has been setup accordingly, but I just noticed I can send from my BB but cant receive any emails to it. The main difference between me and some other guys with a non-bes account is that i have 4.5 as apposed to 4.3.
    Shawn K.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well I am the only one on my company's BES running 4.5 with everyone else running 4.3 so there should be no issue. Also, if you are not on the BES, then the only issue you may have is maybe a new email domain, i.e., previously it was mail.companyX.com and now it is webmail.companyX.com or something along those lines. You may also need to go in and verify SSL and the correct port in your BIS account if your company has changed that information as well.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Well I'm thoroughly confused by the explanation but I'll give it a shot.

You have Exchange setup, "with some sort of BES support"? What does this mean? Do you have BES or no? Was your device activated on the BES?

Have you logged into your BIS and re-entered your password and/or resent your service books if you are not on the BES?
    oh and Yes I have done that.
    Shawn K.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Did they setup a Email forwarding account to your BB ?
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    They should have, considering all the other guys are getting their emails.
    Shawn K.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    You don't mention your version of Exchange, but BIS access to Exchange 2007 is typically done through an interface to Outlook Web Access (and not Active Sync as on Windows Mobile devices, but both run over HTTP/HTTPS). Check to see if you can log into your Exchange web mail.

Alternatively, if your Exchange server has IMAP or POP3 transports (off by default in 2007), you can configure your BlackBerry to use those for downloading email.