hello i was just wondering if anyone had any problems with mass storage when connecting ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mariuspiatek no está en línea Stack level 1

microsd problems.

Advertisement

hello
    i was just wondering if anyone had any problems with mass storage when connecting to mac or pc, doesn't matter which one i guess.

i used to have a curve 8300 i believe it was from Rogers, and when i connected it to my mac, it would mount it on my desktop. now i have 8300 from Tim Brazil, same device so it would not matter, with the same microsd as before, and it does not mount it. my mass storage is on, and i have formated the card.
    any idea what could be wrong? seems like device is working properly when in bb, but will not mount when connecting to pc/mac
    i am running 4.2.2.173 with 2.4.0.76 platform.

thank you

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: microsd problems.

what size card are you using? if you take it out of the phone and use a card reader, does the computer recognize it? just trying to narrow things down ...

hmm i was using 512MB sandisk.
    i don't have a card reader so i cannot check, but the card worked with previous bb.
    i will try to find some device that takes microsd cards and see if it works.
    altho i have two cards, 128 and 512 and they both are recognized in the unit, but not when connected to computer.
    i am 100% sure they work.

edit:
    i am downloading desktop software with media manager to see if media manager will work with it.

let us know how it goes and if you need more help.

Hmmm
    Media Manager is the worst crap ever. LOL
    Anywho, i am getting some C++ Runtime error when trying to run it. Horrible. it is useless anyways i suppose since the microsd should mount.
    Any other ideas what could be the problem with reading the card?

ok so i just took one of my pearls and put the media cards in them,connected to mac, everything works.
    but how come it will not work from the curve ? is it possible it has some sort of lock not to use media cards?

So it seems like the blackberry is recognized in the Media Manager.
    But will not mount without it.
    =(

that's just strange . . .

Hmm ok i just realized that in media manager it shows device memory, not media card.
    So it doesn't find the card in the curve.

=(

miclflores no está en línea Stack level 2

It's either a problem with the phone or my laptop. I have 2gb card in, but when I connect my Curve to the laptop and enable the mass storage and it says that it is connected, I cannot get access to the media card. It does not show up as a removable drive nor does it work with the media manager. When I hook it up to other computers it shows up as a removable drive. I have no idea what to do about it. With my Pearl it would only work with the old media manager not the Roxio, but it never showed up as a removable drive on my laptop, only other computers. Also, the card works with the each device and in card readers, so it's not the problem. Curve 8320, OS 4.2.2.180, Desktop Manager 4.2.2.14 w/ Roxio

Hmm i think we might have a phone problems. where did you get your bb ? and is it unlocked or did you get it from your provider ?