My friend has an 8310 thats a dud since having it replaced is not an ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Microphone replacement. Can I do it myself?

Advertisement

My friend has an 8310 thats a dud since having it replaced is not an option. The microphone doesn't work, you can speak to others with a bluetooth headset but they won't hear you using the phone itself. So searching online I found that a malfunctioning Microphone is the problem, a replacement part was actually found on ebay and I'm hoping I will be able to do it. I have yet to find a technician who seems aware of the fact that the part can be replaced. I'm not in the US so my options are kinda limited, it would be great if I could do it myself.

Anyone can offer some insight? Thx

sithberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    247b0914
    Youtube has video for complete disassembly of your blackberry. Your going to need a star head screwdriver I think its a seven.its pretty easy with the video

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    You need a T5 and T6 torx. I replaced the speaker in mine and it was quite easy.
    Last edited by vince1; 09-01-2008 at 12:31 PM.

sithberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    247b0914
    i checked it is indeed a t-6 hex driver(autozone $3.99)

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by Denisenicole View Post
    My friend has an 8310 thats a dud since having it replaced is not an option. The microphone doesn't work, you can speak to others with a bluetooth headset but they won't hear you using the phone itself. So searching online I found that a malfunctioning Microphone is the problem, a replacement part was actually found on ebay and I'm hoping I will be able to do it. I have yet to find a technician who seems aware of the fact that the part can be replaced. I'm not in the US so my options are kinda limited, it would be great if I could do it myself.

Anyone can offer some insight? Thx
    Yes, the mic can be replaced but it requires a delicate touch with a heat gun because it appears to be soldered to the board. We have stayed away from replacing the mics in curves in our shop because of the possibility of damage to the components on the backside of the board and near the mic. If you can find someone that has replaced the mics on Razor's, they should be able to pull this one off and remount a new one. The mic on a pearl is not the same as on a curve because the pearl's mic is replacable and uses two (or three, can't recall) micro springs to make contact with the board.

I will upload a photo to show you the mic.

Zo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Amigotek; 09-04-2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Added Pic.