ok on my 8320. the metal piece that holds my micro sd card has broken ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

micro sd card holder/latch broke help?

Advertisement

ok on my 8320. the metal piece that holds my micro sd card has broken off. not a clean break either. is there any way to get or put a new one on. the battery isnt doing the trick to hold the sd card in. any suggestions> has this ever happen to anyone? what to do

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: micro sd card holder/latch broke help?

I know this seems ghetto but cut a thin piece of card board the size of the SD card and put it over the card this should help the battery hold it in.... as far as replacing the bracket maybe someone at the stacks knows how to do that

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

lol... its funny that you said that. i tried it already. didnt work. no card read on it.

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3

what about a small piece of scotch tape?

therestlessmous no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: micro sd card holder/latch broke help?

I just got a Pearl Sapphire (my first "real" cellphone lol) and was dismayed when I saw how the cards are inserted. I would have went for a slightly thicker phone and a top slot. My micro SD latch wont even close properly. It took 3 tries to get it to work without knocking the white card out of whack. (It doesn't fit well either!)

I suggest that you don't give up too easy on the cardboard idea. Try different thicknesses. All you have to do is make sure it's positioned on those contacts and not able to slide around. That should be doable.

precisem0nk no está en línea Stack level 1

The funny thing is I have an extra latch. I took it from a pearl my friend found which was run over by a car. I have no use for it so I wouldn't mind giving it to you.

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

i agree tho that on the 8320 the sim card place is in a spot im not a fan of. when i first tried putting mine on it gave me trouble too it came off but i was able to snap it back in.. see if you can do that if not i would try placing it there and putting battery over it can try the bb repair shop sits the pinstack store maybe they have replacement.

GOod luck

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Wow!! I have the curve 8320 from TMO and I had a similar problem the door was refusong to close I took it off and the little side that the card slide into before you close it was pressed in all the way..then the nrackets that hold the SD card a little piece of it broke off...I had to end up exchanging the door on my pearl with the curve door...I called TMO but they are no help....everything works great tho....good luck!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by precisem0nk View Post
    The funny thing is I have an extra latch. I took it from a pearl my friend found which was run over by a car. I have no use for it so I wouldn't mind giving it to you.
    Do you still happen to have that latch? On my 8320, the latch was lost completely and I am having trouble finding one on-line (cnn.cn seems to sell other parts but not this) :-(

kneelberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    when i first put mine in on my 8300, i thought it wouldnt close, but then i realized that, unlike the sim card door, you have to slide the microSD card in from the top of the door, then close it, then slide it...the sim card, you just lay it in and close it and slide it.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    If you dont get it to work any other way, Try a piece of electrical tape. The Black kind! lay the card on, and apply the tape. Since its usually static free, you might be able to use the device that way... I used it to keep my SIM card in place with the 8800. Worked like a charm...
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.