I have BB 8300, I thought I could setup my Micro SD card to encrypt ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hilroyy no está en línea Stack level 2

Micro SD card encryption, can someone tell me how to do this.

Advertisement

I have BB 8300, I thought I could setup my Micro SD card to encrypt the files I put on it. I have gone into options/media card and setup

Media Card Support: on
    Encrypton mode: Security password and device
    Encrypt media files: on
    mass storage mode support: on
    auto enable mass storage mode when connected: yes

I have these settings on but when I shut down my BB and take out the micro sd card and put it into another computer my files are visable. Should I not be able to encrypt the files so if someone takes out the sd micro card they cant view the files.

If anyone can point me to a link to set this up properly it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Roy

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    dont know if this will work for you, but I'm looking at my BB now and went to options...security...general settings, scrolled down and found content PROTECTION.
    You have the option to enable or disbale.

Hope that helps
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

I have it Enabled with strength at strongest and include address book at yes.

Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    dont know if this will work for you, but I'm looking at my BB now and went to options...security...general settings, scrolled down and found content PROTECTION.
    You have the option to enable or disbale.

Hope that helps

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    that should do it... try pulling the card out and reading with your laptop or something... let us know

I have had these setting all along and I am able to to read the card in another computer if I take it out to the blackberry. I tried locking the unit then taking the battery out then take the card out and I still can read the files on another computer.

Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post
    that should do it... try pulling the card out and reading with your laptop or something... let us know

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    did you do this? options> advance options> media card> encryption mode> select security password

try that and see what happens when you try to read it

media card does not show up under options> advanced options. It show up under options. I am using v4.2.2.141 (platform 2.4.0.62) is this makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post
    did you do this? options> advance options> media card> encryption mode> select security password

try that and see what happens when you try to read it

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Just to confirm, is it that you are seeing the files, or that they are readable? Encryption will make them unreadable, not invisible.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

They are readable, I can play the music files I put on and I can see the pictures I put on. Is Encryption not able to encrypt these files?

Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    Just to confirm, is it that you are seeing the files, or that they are readable? Encryption will make them unreadable, not invisible.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~