Hey guys I just had a quick question about sms texting. I've kinda made my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3

messaging peeve

Advertisement

Hey guys I just had a quick question about sms texting. I've kinda made my peace with the 160 character limit per text and adjusted the way I text to accomodate it, but I just thought I'd ask all you blackberry-savvy people. Why are we limited to 160 characters of text and is there any way to text more? I mean, blackberries are "smart phones" are they not? How is it then that an old razr is able to send over ten times the text I can in one shot. Sometimes I have a lot to say and the only way I can do it is text, save as draft, repeat until I have the whole thing written, then go back and send them one by one and hope the person on the other end is smart enough to know what I'm doing. Thanks guys

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I believe it's just carriers wanting to make more money off of those without unlimited plans.

If you notice that sms per text prices go up constantly for no reason. It has been proven that there isn't a lot of bandwidth or anything related to that used to send them. So they can't give an arguement about tower traffic.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah good point. Still, if you have a blackberry, most people go with an unlimited plan anyway, so all this does in my eyes is take away some of the functionality of an otherwise amazing phone. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    SMS = Short Message.

If you have a lot to say, make a phone call or use a messenger where you are not limited. It is carrier specific as mentioned and there are several threads around here that give specifics about this issue.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    The reason for the limit on SMS, at least for CDMA, is based on the technology. See this post for an explanation:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...7&postcount=18

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Wow, this feels like deja-vu. Most of us dont mind because as i stated before is that i dont like reading a long passage. If thats the case, then give me a call or shoot me an email.
    Not to defend sprints policy, but if the limit is ever raised, then good, if not, oh well.

Yeah but there are times where that's my only option. Like at work I'm allowed to text as long as none of the higher-ups see me doing it, but calls are not allowed for some reason. So when I have a lot to say to someone, it is just a major pain in the butt ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Send an mms.that is the only way to get around the 160 limit.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SassySweet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN messages are not limited either
    Thanks
    Sassy