- okay I need help! I am new and don't now how to fix this ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spunky no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Messages vs Mailbox

Advertisement

- okay I need help! I am new and don't now how to fix this or if it is possible. All my calls, text messages and e-mail show up under my "Messages" [mailbox with red flag] and then the e-mails are repeated again under my e-mail icon. Is there a way to have them just show up under my e-mail icon and not under the Messages icon?

Thanks!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hello Spunky!

Welcome to PinStack!

Firstly, let's separate your SMS texts from your e-mails by opening any Messages folder, pressing the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball), selecting Options>General Options. Scroll down and you'll see SMS and Email Inboxes. Change the setting there to Separate and you'll then have an Inbox specifically for your text messages.

Next, let's address the call logging. Press the green phone button, BB menu button and scroll to Options, click on that and go to Call Logging and select that. Change this option to None and that'll get rid of the calls going into your Messages folder.

Lastly, if you're like me, I have several e-mail accounts that I like to keep separated. Some people prefer to hide the individual e-mail account icons and use the main Messages repository. There's no way to keep copies of the messages from going in there, but what I do is hide that main Messages icon by scrolling over to the icon, pressing the BB menu button and selecting Hide. It'll still be there (and you can see it whenever you so choose by pressing the BB menu button from the Home Screen and choosing Show All.....when you want to hide them again, do the same thing, just uncheck Show All), but you won't see it. Just remember it's there in case you ever see the e-mail notification icon and you swear you don't have any new messages to read!

Hope this helps!

Roger
    Last edited by RogerG; 10-23-2008 at 04:42 PM.

spunky no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the quick reply and the instructions were perfect. Almost felt you standing over my shoulder while I was making the changes!

LOL! Glad it all made sense.

Cheers,
    Roger

Oh, a couple more pieces of advice!

Please update your profile so we know your device, OS, etc for future reference and to help you better next time. Up in the righthand corner is a blue box. Click on the Control Panel to update your profile, preferences, etc.

Second, go through this thread to get to know your way around the Stacks!

Roger

kerribo no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is just the problem I have been searching for solutions to ever since I set up my BB 8330 a week ago. Thank you!

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    I have to say thank u as well, it was getting a little annoying having everything all bundled up.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~