Is it just me, or does everyone else get strange messages from servers wishing to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brandmusic no está en línea Stack level 1

why all the messages with: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

Advertisement

Is it just me, or does everyone else get strange messages from servers wishing to speak to aliens??

Is this code for end of the world or is it normal to receive so many, today I received about 12

Please help and tell me I am not part of a secret plot coming from a cave somewhere in a far away desert

M

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: why all the messages with: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

Never gotten one of those messages before. Does it have any content?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is an example of exactly what it says, it also has an attatchment of a DAT file

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.
    BEGINETP 116
    AcQHsJEAAAAAIBAIMjUxNjc0RjIgGW1pY2hhZWxAYnJhbmRtdX NpYy5jb20uYXUA4sn3QVAF
    Q01JTUUDQICAgIAyAAAwMDA5NEMyOUMrRysxAMGX/p/vIsyt/oBTnpHFDc4AGZEJJsNVkOXx
    bjYx7FB7uN8!
    ENDETP 524835114

surely it can't just be me

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Looks like messages you'd see between BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) and the handset, normally used to complete provisioning. Was the blackberry given to you by your employer? If so, there ought to be a tech support person (or dept) in charge of MS Exchange Server and BES - and if that's the case, you should check with them.

If you bought the device yourself, used, it's conceivable that it still has a connection to the BES that it was originally provisioned for - although that is not typical, and would indicate that the BES / Exchange administrator where it came from is asleep at the switch. Any time a blackberry is no longer part of a company's managed inventory of devices, it should be "de-commissioned" - the account should be dropped. But if this doesn't happen, it's conceivable that the blackberry is still communicating, albeit in a crippled way, with the original BES that it was provisioned on before.

First step: clarify what kind of service you SHOULD have. How are you using the Blackberry? Is it your own personal device, and do you have blackberry service (i.e., BIS) through your own account at a place like T-Mobile or AT&T? Or is this a company-issued Blackberry? If the latter, definitely check with your blackberry/BES/Exchange administrator.

Let us know some more, and we'll help you get rid of the alien messages...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Could be several things, an attempt to perform an enterprise activation that did not complete for some reason or activating Redirector improperly. If you are not on a BES then go to Options/Advanced Options/Service Book and delete any Service Book for "Desktop"

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am using the device as personal ie not through a company and just set up my emails as per the setup wizard using microsoft outlook email addresses and passwords.

The emails come in fine, but last night I got 17 of these server code emails.

The phone was bought brand new, I switched it on and started using it.

If I delete the service books, does this mean email redirection to my BB will cease???

Is it a sessting on my desktop manager (V 4.2.2.12) ie the email settings??

Thanks so much

Hammer75 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    Looks like messages you'd see between BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) and the handset, normally used to complete provisioning. Was the blackberry given to you by your employer? If so, there ought to be a tech support person (or dept) in charge of MS Exchange Server and BES - and if that's the case, you should check with them.

If you bought the device yourself, used, it's conceivable that it still has a connection to the BES that it was originally provisioned for - although that is not typical, and would indicate that the BES / Exchange administrator where it came from is asleep at the switch. Any time a blackberry is no longer part of a company's managed inventory of devices, it should be "de-commissioned" - the account should be dropped. But if this doesn't happen, it's conceivable that the blackberry is still communicating, albeit in a crippled way, with the original BES that it was provisioned on before.

First step: clarify what kind of service you SHOULD have. How are you using the Blackberry? Is it your own personal device, and do you have blackberry service (i.e., BIS) through your own account at a place like T-Mobile or AT&T? Or is this a company-issued Blackberry? If the latter, definitely check with your blackberry/BES/Exchange administrator.

Let us know some more, and we'll help you get rid of the alien messages...
    vinmontRD...if that BB had actually been a returned unit formerly on a BES, how would you "decommision" it - delete "Desktop" service books? Any other way to get rid of those messages?

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer75
    vinmontRD...if that BB had actually been a returned unit formerly on a BES, how would you "decommision" it - delete "Desktop" service books? Any other way to get rid of those messages?
    Probably a more elegant way to do this - but one method I had heard about is to select Enterprise Activation, and then put in incorrect credentials.