So I have had a bunch of Blackberries over the years, and this is the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

evad310 no está en línea Stack level 2

Messages not opening automatically

Advertisement

So I have had a bunch of Blackberries over the years, and this is the first problem I've had in regards to this issue. Usually when I get an e-mail or text message and take the phone out of the holster it opens the message automatically. Over the last few days it hasn't been, and I have had to click the message icon and then the message. I realize this isn't a huge deal, but can anyone help me out with how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL. There are a lot of people on this board who find that "feature" annoying, evad!

I think this is dependent upon the number of messages you've received. For instance, if I have only one, maybe two messages and remove my device from the holster then yes, the message will open automatically. However, if there are several messages that have been received, nothing will open automatically.

I don't think there is anything "wrong" with your 8300. I believe this is just something that depends on the number of unread messages on the device.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    if I remember correctly, try taking it out of the holster WHILE the phone is still vibrating or the notification is still audible, it might work that way...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    if I remember correctly, try taking it out of the holster WHILE the phone is still vibrating or the notification is still audible, it might work that way...
    Good point, Snipes. If you're like most of us, you're reaching for your device as soon as you get the notification!

evad310 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm with you guys, I'm pretty sure that I think it is vibrating more times than not, hahha

But it doesn't seem to matter if I have one message or multiple messages, and trust me, I am looking at it as soon as it vibrates! I guess I'll just deal with it for now, and hope that it goes back to how it was. Or just pick up the Bold in a few months!

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~noticed the same problem with my bb. Wonder if it has to do with the system upgrades and how they effect the current bb. As I've been told nobody tests the effects on the new system on other bb only how well they will work with what is coming out. Maybe not but it could be RIM is like most and want to get the newest online but forget about all that are out here now. I hope not but only they know for sure