I have read the dozens of threads on the subject butI can assure you,,,I am ... BlackBerry Curve forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Messages Issue...

Advertisement

I have read the dozens of threads on the subject butI can assure you,,,I am NOT low on memory. My avail mem is over 26000000 - So why are my messages (sms and e-mail) always disappearing? I have all the settings to forever", etc., no folder redirects...Don't tell me I have to constantly be pulling the battery on this thing to prevent "mem leaks"! There must be some way to stop my messages from going away...Thanks for any help you can give.

BTW - Running the latests 4.2 Official T-Mo OS

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    great post here

But doesnt that address "...you're running out of device memory"? As I said, I have TONS of available mem so how can memory be the problem/cause of this this?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    what are your SMS and e-mail settings? how long do you have them saved for in options? what apps are running on your phone constantly? personally i try to keep only the 5 main apps running and never leave any other apps open unless i need them for a long period of time...plus battery pulls every 4 days to a week help also...let us know

My settings are for "Forever" - These battery pulls kinda bug me - I have never had any other phones that required this for a reset and, since my BB is in a Seidio case, it's kind of a pain to go through this to reset the phone. I have plenty of available memory as well - I don't, personlly, think that one should have to pull out the battery 4 days aweek to keep a phone running smoothly - just my opinion, but I would think that an expensive phone like most BBerrys should keep going strong on their own.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    remember it is a mini computer...same thing happens to a computer when left on for days on end without any resets or shutdowns...but i do agree with you somewhat...how did you put OS 4.2 on your phone, upgrade or completely fresh install with jl wipe? i've always done a jl wipe to ensure that i get a fresh device with no lingering "ghosts" from the previos OS...just a thought

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    remember it is a mini computer...same thing happens to a computer when left on for days on end without any resets or shutdowns...but i do agree with you somewhat...how did you put OS 4.2 on your phone, upgrade or completely fresh install with jl wipe? i've always done a jl wipe to ensure that i get a fresh device with no lingering "ghosts" from the previos OS...just a thought

I agree, try doing a JL_CMMNDR Wipe and the Re-Install newest OS
    click "my 3rd party apps' link at the bottom for JL_Cmmndr DL and for upgrade instructions
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes