I am not able to sync 'old' messages to my blackberry. Is there any way ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aaronlws no está en línea Stack level 1

Message saving / syncing - how to retain?

Advertisement

I am not able to sync 'old' messages to my blackberry. Is there any way to manually sync messages to the device? What about saving messages onto the SD card?

New emails come in just fine, but I have a horrible time getting them to show up in my folder list (inside my inbox in Outlook and checked to be sync'd). This is with wireless sync active.

Is there a way to manually sync certain messages for certain folders?

I'd like to be able to use the wireless sync to manage email while I am away from my desk. Then, at my desk, put emails into folders and have that reflected on the device.

Thanks for any help.

userlan667 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Message saving / syncing - how to retain?

I don't think you can sync messages to the BB. I know though, that you can not put the messages on the SD card.

aaronlws no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks userlan.

Isn't being able to sync emails / contacts / etc... what this device is for? Seems my old Palm III was able to do this better than a Blackberry? My wife has a Treo and can see all of her old email's in all of the various folders she has set up...Is this issue unique to blackberry sync / server?

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

You can save messages to the SIM card. Go to menu and then options. SMS text and then theres an option for "leave messags on SIM card" and click yes. If you do this though, the memory is very small. When swapping phones I clicked it and they all saved which was nice, but then I went back to not saving it on there. Got annoying having to clear out messages all the time.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Nope -- the BB is a push email device. Instant push email is what "it's for". Email doesn't sync on any BB. You have to forward old email to get it on your device. For folders, you need to enable forwarding for every folder that you want forwarded. You can choose via Desktop Mananger->Email Settings->Advnaced->Choose Folders. I thought there was a way to do this directly on the BB but I can't remember or find it...

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    I thought there was a way to do this directly on the BB but I can't remember or find it...
    Ok, just found it.

When youre reading your messages. Hold the shift key and scroll down to select whatever messages you want to save. Then hit the menu button and scroll down to save messages. Now they are saved. You can now delete them in your open folder.

When you want to view your saved messages go back to your email folder. Hit the menu button and then scroll to view folder. When the list of folders comes up, go all the way down to WAP Push Messages. Theres your saved folder.