Hi all, here's my problem before 4.5 and after. whenever I go to camera/options my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Laureano no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Hi all,

here's my problem before 4.5 and after.

whenever I go to camera/options my 8320 goes into standby mode. after i get the "entering standby mode" message if i press the talk or red key i get a message that says "in standby mode. press the mute key to exit standby mode.

here's the problem my mute key does not work for some reason. even if i hold it down my 8320 wont exit from standby mode.

the only way out is by doing a battery pull

thank you in advance

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    Well first of all, why haven't you had your phone fixed? If there's a button that doesn't work that you need, it should be fixed. I don't have a 8320 but you can check the button options to see if you can disable the mute button. It's a thought, and i'm most likely wrong so take it as you want.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Laureano no está en línea Stack level 1

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Is it still under warranty? Has your BB ever gotten water damage? Just wondering if something shorted out in there. Usually software issues get corrected with an upgrade. Going into your camera options should not put the BB into standby mode

You could try a total wipe and reload of the software. Here's a link to lavagirl's tutorial for wiping your BB with JL_Cmder:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

After the wipe, hook your BB to the DM and run the Apploader to re-install your OS

If the problem still persists, then I don't know what else to try other than getting the BB repaired/replaced. Maybe someone else will have more ideas......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4