When I get e-mails or missed calls, the 8300 stores it in the messages folder ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hpak no está en línea Stack level 3

message clutter

Advertisement

When I get e-mails or missed calls, the 8300 stores it in the messages folder & when I go to view, it shows all of them. SMS & MMS has it's own folder. So is there a way to show only the e-mails & phone log separately and also how about separating by address, maybe show different colors or a tree like outlook. Is there an app that would do this? Free would be best!

Also, I think RIM should have these things already installed. Like a HTML mail viewer & better document viewers & editors built in from the start! We're already paying a premium for hardware, make it useful from the start without having to pay another $150 for software to make the phone functional at work!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: message clutter

I don't think there is...but i think you are onto something

I would think that with 90% of people that use their BB for e-mail also use outlook or similar desktop clients, that someone would have made a little app to facilitate this.

It would be a great help in organizing your e-mails & separating your call log from becoming a complete mess!!!

For all the programers & developers, please come up with something! Things shouldn't be this messy when this is supposed to make life easier!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jsfortner no está en línea Stack level 2

hpak you make a great point. It would be nice if RIM would have things like this already installed. One day, one day!

Dimndbk no está en línea Stack level 2

HPAK to answer your original question. If you open your phone log and then press the menu key and select options / call logging it gives you three choices of how to log you phone calls. If you don't want your phone log showing up in your messages then choose none. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Will try that. How about flagging messages from different e-mails. Any thoughts, gang?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~