One of the folks that I work with recently got a curve from Verizon. After ... BlackBerry Curve forum

skidrowe no está en línea Stack level 1

Menu stops working and goes to black ovals…

Advertisement

One of the folks that I work with recently got a curve from Verizon. After it was set up to work with the Enterprise email the menu disappeared and could not be recalled. The 5 icons at the bottom of the screen where replaced with black ovals that would highlight but nothing would happen if selected. If you hit the menu key a blank screen would be displayed instead of the full menu.

Calls count still be made and email was still coming in. So the phone was working. You could also bring up the short cut menu (switch application) if you brought up the contacts list which you could when you started dialing the number. Even the execute buttons on the side stopped working.

So, it went back to the Verizon store to see what they could do and they couldn’t figure it out so they gave us a new phone thinking that it was faulty. Well surprise, this one worked fine up to the point where it was set up for email and then the exact same thing happed again.

Any clue as to what might be going on and how to fix it?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    I am thinking it is something on the BES Side, maybe a policy. As the new phones require more settings and if the BES Server has not been patched our up to date it might not contain what is needed for your phone and OS. I would look at that first since it is the server doing it and not the phone.

skidrowe no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks MWP,
    It appears that BB support had the same thoughts. The owner of the device spent about 3 hours with the BB support team and was able to get it resolved. They finally got the device attached to Desktop Manager (Something that I was not able to do) and were able to reload the device. They then took care of the subscription in a different manner (I don’t know the details) so as not to repeat the earlier 2 attempts. They were pretty sure that there was something in the subscription that was causing the theme to get corrupt.

They were saying that the theme was stored on the server and that something with the communication was causing it to corrupt. I am sure that I misunderstood that, why would the theme have anything to do with the server?

Anyway, she seems to be up and running now and very happy with her new BB. Thanks for the help

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Glad to hear you got it working.