So I just upgraded to the Curve and I frickin love it! No more unSURETYPE ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49

Memory space on the Curve?

Advertisement

So I just upgraded to the Curve and I frickin love it! No more unSURETYPE lol What I type is what I actually type

Anyhow I noticed with the Curve it has a memory allocation of 52953088 bytes, If I recall the Pearl had a bit more than that. But I know these phones have been notorious for deleting SMS/MMS/Call logs...

I dont want that to happen, I know how to delete unwanted COD files from the actual OS installer but even with the Curve after doing that and having about half the apps I used to have installed on the Pearl im down to about 26796904 bytes. Is that good for the Curve? I used to be sitting somewhere around 35000000, 40000000 bytes on the Pearl.

I guess im just worried that might be a bit low. Anyone have any suggestions? Or is that about normal.

Thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Memory space on the Curve?

Quote Originally Posted by jbreidel View Post
    So I just upgraded to the Curve and I frickin love it! No more unSURETYPE lol What I type is what I actually type

Anyhow I noticed with the Curve it has a memory allocation of 52953088 bytes, If I recall the Pearl had a bit more than that. But I know these phones have been notorious for deleting SMS/MMS/Call logs...

I dont want that to happen, I know how to delete unwanted COD files from the actual OS installer but even with the Curve after doing that and having about half the apps I used to have installed on the Pearl im down to about 26796904 bytes. Is that good for the Curve? I used to be sitting somewhere around 35000000, 40000000 bytes on the Pearl.

I guess im just worried that might be a bit low. Anyone have any suggestions? Or is that about normal.

Thanks
    Yeah you should be fine, I only have about 16mb. That's with quite a few applications installed. Just make sure that you keep and eye on your free files and if at all possible use the memory cleaner.