I currently have 16509011 in memory left, is this low for the curve to optimally ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bbpearldean no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A3C466

Memory Question

Advertisement

I currently have 16509011 in memory left, is this low for the curve to optimally operate or should I delete some programs.
    As always thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That's pretty good, dean. Keep an eye on it though. If you click on the FAQ link in my signature, you'll find a thread on freeing up memory.

10mb and under is when you should start noticing things disappearing (call logs, texts, etc).

You're in good shape, though!

Roger

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    For the 8330 with a lot of stuff on it, it's good. Mine is fairly-well loaded up with aps and it's around 20mb now. I used to have the 8320 with less stuff on it and I ran around 6-8mb free. The 8330 has more memory and that's nice.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    ^^^ Good point, JB. Didn't notice we were discussing the 8330, so in actuality, that's pretty low for this device, but still in the acceptable range.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    ^^^ Good point, JB. Didn't notice we were discussing the 8330, so in actuality, that's pretty low for this device, but still in the acceptable range.
    RIght. I consider my free space low at 20gb but I've loaded a LOT of stuff on it. I can free up if it gets to be a problem but I like to load the new stuff and try it out as time permits.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dino422 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C0588F
    Same prob here. I typically had around 38-40gb free on my 8330. Of course I do not have any extra stuff on it besides the g-mail mail icon. However, a few days ago I noticed the memory getting smaller. I cleaned it out (memory cleaner, phone logs, extra pics, all e-mails, and internet browser cache) then did a battery pull. The most memory I get now is around 30-32. I have performed this operation multiple times. I cannot seem to get all my memory back.

I am on Verizon so I was thinking it possibly had to do with the GPS now working and it took extra memory for its operation.

I will say the phone is running just fine but I suppose I am a memory free and to me more is a good thing...lol

Any extra advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dino

I wouldn't worry too much about it Dino as long as the phone is working fine. If it gets to be troublesome for you, you can experiment by removing things and seeing if it makes a difference - time consuming to say the least.

Be aware that if you have any aps that periodically download info, like Viigo, AP News, etc. that will take some of your memory. I have a bunch of them so my free memory fluctuates but, as I indicated, compared to my 8320, I don't even look at free memory much any more. (BTW, I still have the 8320 on a pay as you go plan with T-Mobile and it has just a wee bit over 5mb free.) When I posted to this thread was the first time I've looked at either memory in quite a while.

jayroc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D388CE
    Anything below 3 or 4 Meg requires a restart in order to keep your messages list from being erased a good program to use is SoftReset found here
    http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber.../softreset.jad. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dino422 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C0588F
    Thank you.

I don't have anything like you mentioned. That's what wierd about it. It had so much memory at one time and seems to be slowly disappering. Oh well.

Thanks again.

Dino