Hi Everyone... I wanted to see if anyone could help.... Phone is a little sluggish ... BlackBerry Curve forum

islandpinoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2884AE28

Memory low on 8320

Advertisement

Hi Everyone...

I wanted to see if anyone could help....

Phone is a little sluggish so I looked around here already read some post and followied the suggestions but still not a hufe change in File Free:

File Free 15163487 bytes

To me this looks a little low compared file total.

I have moved all media to my media card...deleted 3rd party apps that im not using, cleared browser caxh, cleared logs, pulled the battery, tok off any language packs I wasnt using...but still nothing..

can anyone else give me some suggestions or let me know if im ok.

Thanks in advance
    IP
    ***RIP<3MD***

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

Re: Memory low on 8320

Have you tried clearing your log files? On the home screen while holding alt key, press LGLG and you should get the log screen. Click the menu button and then clear log. Then click menu and then options, move the selection to the list at the bottom away from the Warning selection and click menu again. Then just choose hide all types and then save the setting. This frees up memory also. Then just do a battery pull and then recheck your free memory. I went from about 15 mil to 19 mil with this process and further save memory by deleting preloaded things on my curve but that takes a little more effort and hacking. Hope this helps

islandpinoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2884AE28

Thanks Eduardog....Tried all of those and still no major diference....mhmmmm
    ***RIP<3MD***

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Go into menu, media, pictures, menu, options and changed the device memory limit and reserved picture memory as low as you can. ( i believe 0 mb for pics and 12 mb for device) go into menu, options, advanced options, applications and delete any languages you may have there as well as the BB sample video. Then pull the battery. It will not always reflect memory changes until you reboot the phone. Hope it helps.

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardog21 View Post
    Have you tried clearing your log files? On the home screen while holding alt key, press LGLG and you should get the log screen. Click the menu button and then clear log. Then click menu and then options, move the selection to the list at the bottom away from the Warning selection and click menu again. Then just choose hide all types and then save the setting. This frees up memory also. Then just do a battery pull and then recheck your free memory. I went from about 15 mil to 19 mil with this process and further save memory by deleting preloaded things on my curve but that takes a little more effort and hacking. Hope this helps
    Never tried this before but when i did that on my BB it sure does save some memory. Thanks for the info
    Last edited by s16ri; 01-08-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Wow I have less memory than you and have not had any problems, issues, or slowdowns. Maybe I should prepare for the worst though huh?
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    Wow I have less memory than you and have not had any problems, issues, or slowdowns. Maybe I should prepare for the worst though huh?
    It depends on the user, the phone, the programs and the info on it. It varies when the phone will run into issues. Generally most report issues when they get below 10 MB or so.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Good to know. Been wondering what actually constitutes as low in regard to device memory. So long as I keep it above 10mb or so I should be alright then I hope. My pearl had a few dumps, but my Curve has been relatively free of those probs.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".