Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What version of software are you running? There is a known issue with RIM devices ... BlackBerry Curve forum

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a

Advertisement

What version of software are you running? There is a known issue with RIM devices that if (by accident) the ALT key and Escape key are pressed together in succession 20 times it will create a memory leak on the phone. The way to fix this is to perform a clean un-install/re-install of the O/S. (Meaning back up only the address book in a back up file and copy all pictures and music using media manager before completing a wipe handheld)

This shoud fix the issue

FastAzzToyz no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm guessing this is my only option. I might have transfered whatever "bug" that was on my pearl over to my curve since I'm having the same issue with both. Smart phones are great until they have problems...

Quote Originally Posted by natesax7 View Post
    What version of software are you running? There is a known issue with RIM devices that if (by accident) the ALT key and Escape key are pressed together in succession 20 times it will create a memory leak on the phone. The way to fix this is to perform a clean un-install/re-install of the O/S. (Meaning back up only the address book in a back up file and copy all pictures and music using media manager before completing a wipe handheld)

This shoud fix the issue
    hmmm... interesting. I'm using the 4.2.2.180 OS and it has just been updated. I am going to try to completely clear the phone and reinstall the OS and then re-download my applications. Hopefully this will work. thanks

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Just make sure that you aren't creating a backup file of the phone that you will reload later. This will just install the problem to the device again.

Quote Originally Posted by natesax7 View Post
    Just make sure that you aren't creating a backup file of the phone that you will reload later. This will just install the problem to the device again.
    I think this is why the problem moved from my pearl over to my curve. Now I just have to figure out how to just save certain things like my address book, browser bookmarks etc. and better yet how to clear everything off the phone and start fresh. I will mess with it tomorrow.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by FastAzzToyz View Post
    I think this is why the problem moved from my pearl over to my curve. Now I just have to figure out how to just save certain things like my address book, browser bookmarks etc. and better yet how to clear everything off the phone and start fresh. I will mess with it tomorrow.
    That part's symple, just do a content backup, or if you're using outlook most of your data (excluding sms msgs) would already be there, so you can just sync it up after reload.

You would still have to repersonalize the device however...

Quote Originally Posted by PwDiamond View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

A full "nuke" is easiest done via the bes con. You can use Desktop Manager though to do a fresh install by using the app loader and selecting "remove all application data" from the third screen of the wizard. It will take some time but eventually load up fresh.

There are some javaloader tools you can use as well, I have one I can send over if need be, just let me know.

Take care, and good luck!
    Not seeing this option on my app loader. I can remove particular programs but I can not clear everything and start fresh as if it was a new phone. I want to start clean...

just "wiped" the phome and reinstalled everything i had on it prior and I now have 18,000 bytes of memory... go figure. Hopefully it wont continue to leak down to zero

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12