Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Very frustrating issue! I Pull the battery and let phone reboot. It will have about ... BlackBerry Curve forum

FastAzzToyz no está en línea Stack level 2

memory leaking down to 0 bytes...

Advertisement

Very frustrating issue! I Pull the battery and let phone reboot. It will have about 10k of memory and it will slowly leak all the way down to 0k and delete my SMS texts and call log!! Sometimes it takes hours, other times it take days. I've tried all the "fixes" with no luck, I installed the latest OS, I even wiped the phone clean and started over. Getting to be very very irritating! I had the same problem with my pearl which was the reason I bought the curve. Any help??? Thanks!

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Hi there, a couple questions:

1.) When was the onset of this issue? Has it been happening from the first moment you had the device? Did you purchase it from a third party, etc.?

2.) Are you on a BES? Or if purchased from a third-party, was the device on a BES before? You can tell if a policy is applied by looking under Security --> General Settings and see if there's an IT policy name populated.

3.) If neither of the above really apply, I'd say it's a third party app gumming up your works, even if it looks like it's gone, unless you "nuke" the handheld (different than a wipe... it actually completely "formats" the device to put it in layman's terms).

Let me know if this helps or you have more questions.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    What apps do you have on your device? 10k seems a little light on memory. Your device is going to use memory due to logs capturing info, personal data (contacts,tasks,calendar) increasing, etc. There are some steps you can take to help. Here is the link for memory leak problem solving - http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sms_mms_e.html - here is a link for a free memory booster app that works great. http://www.emobistudio.com/download/...A/MemoryUp.jad
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had a pearl that was having the same issue. It was fine for over a year theb just started acting up. I talked to tmobile and they determined that it was a device issue since all the "fixes" didn't work but I was not eligable for an uprgrade. I purchased a new tmobile curve off of ebay and transfered everthing from my pearl to the curve. Within 20 mins I was having the same issue on the curve. I realized i had a software issue at this point and did handheld wipe then just tranfered over my address book, browser bookmarks, and a few third party programs I had etc. Problem seemed to be fixed for a few days then it starting happening again.I constantly have to pull the battery and monitor the status. I love my blackberry but this is getting annoying.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i am not on BES

Only apps I have installed are telenav and IM+ currently. 10k does seem light on memory but that's the best I can get even after I clear text history, browser history, and log files. All my media is on the media card, ring tones pics etc.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ just isnstalled the memory app and that says I have 28k or 79 percent free space where as if I click the phones status is says I only have just under 10k....

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Do you have content protection enabled?

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Quote Originally Posted by FastAzzToyz View Post
    Very frustrating issue! I Pull the battery and let phone reboot. It will have about 10k of memory and it will slowly leak all the way down to 0k and delete my SMS texts and call log!! Sometimes it takes hours, other times it take days. I've tried all the "fixes" with no luck, I installed the latest OS, I even wiped the phone clean and started over. Getting to be very very irritating! I had the same problem with my pearl which was the reason I bought the curve. Any help??? Thanks!
    I have the same problem I have a couple of games and apps on my 8320, but I will do a batt pull the mem will boot back up I have more than enough file free space then give it a couple of hours without any activity and I go to use and it starts to reboot itself...or sometimes I check the mem by going into status section and it will be at 0....what gives? I have nothing saved on my bb like pics/ringtones/media all on mem card...and I clear all cache and I perform ALT+LG+LG and still getting the same problem...
    Last edited by butterfly2; 03-19-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Just tried memoryup....they have a discount going all u have to do is enter "holidays" when u purchase....comes out to $11.99 it's saving a few bucks....and I think the code only works on their site which is:
    http://www.emobistudio.com/products.html
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by PwDiamond View Post
    Do you have content protection enabled?

Not sure??

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    When your blackbery gets low on memory it runs a app that frees up more memory. I would assume then having that app running in the background and being that low on memory that the app would use the remaning memory to work. thus being the problem. I currently have around 22000kb on a normal day. you need to remove apps or languages from your device

i only have 2 third party apps installed. I'm sure that is not my issue.

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by FastAzzToyz View Post
    Not sure??
    Content protection can increase the size of your datastore on device:

Options --> Security Options --> General Settings

See if content compression is enabled and if content protection is on or off. A higher level of protection strength will also increase memory and processor load.

For most personal/non-business users, content protection is not needed, it's mostly meant to protect valuable intellectual property.

IF content protection is enabled, however, another feature also becomes enabled (unless controlled by a policy if you're on a BES), which is the "memory cleaner", which typically works at clearing up memory when your device is locked, idle, etc.

If not, the only answer is an app. Check your app permissions and which have pretty wide-open access to your device.

Let me/us know if this helps.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my content compression is enabled and the content protection is not. Its not really the low memory, its the fact that drops all the way to zero for no apparent reason.

How do I "nuke" the phone and start over? Thanks

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

A full "nuke" is easiest done via the bes con. You can use Desktop Manager though to do a fresh install by using the app loader and selecting "remove all application data" from the third screen of the wizard. It will take some time but eventually load up fresh.

There are some javaloader tools you can use as well, I have one I can send over if need be, just let me know.

Take care, and good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast