A couple of months ago, I had a memory issue because too many programs were ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2

Memory issue and shortcut screen

Advertisement

A couple of months ago, I had a memory issue because too many programs were running in the background and I was using the shortcut button, both of which resulted in a constant hourglass coming and going. This was resolved when I curtailed my open programs and stopped using the shortcut (alt+back) key. However recently I've downloaded mobipocket and thestreet.com. When I close them manually they still show up in the shortcut key. Any advice would be helpful or a way to shut them out other than using close on the menu. Thanks.

Rob

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Does it have 2 close options? like brickbreaker does. The bottom one closes the window or minimizes, the top close actually shuts down the game.

I dont use them programs but did you look through your options to see if there are anything such as always on or run in background or run on startup.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2
    Some programs cannot be closed if they are on the phone. i had that PTT button show up. I just deleted it, others are the phone, browser, home screen , messages and of course messenger if you have it loaded. those have to be there anc annot be shut off. Therefore if you have others make sure that they can be closed and that they are not any from the list above.

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Right. There's always the usual home, call log, etc. that cannot be removed. However these are non-RIM apps, so I'd like to have them not running in the background. Also, there's just one close button present on the app, but it does not remove it from the shortcut menu. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~