Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not but I've noticed during the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

blackman711 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Memory Gain

Advertisement

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not but I've noticed during the last couple of days that my availabe internal memory has actually increased! This is without any reset, without deleting any applications, or anything that I used to do on my 8320 almost everyday. I still have the old habit of checking how much memory is available periodically throughout the day and I've noticed it went from 98.3MB available to 101.9 available in a few hours. I'm curiious to know if any other stackers have noticed anything similar and if anyone knows what could cause this. Or do I simply chalk it up to the 8900 being such an awesome device?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

janainpstack no está en línea Stack level 1
    sorry for being a dampner but u may have to actually check - on avg, the 8900 has abt 110-125 MB free inspite of a lot of apps and some people even report 140 mb free !! but avg is what i mentioned.
    try doing a batt pull and u may actually see it going up.
    depending on the os u are using the mem leaks may be higher or lower !!

i have actually noriced when i take it off standby and use it for mail reconciliation[BES] and browse, my memory actually goes up by abt 5-8 megs :-)

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    I find my bold starts off at 25mb after reset and decreases to 2-3mb over a period of 30hrs approx. However it sometimes goes back up a couple of mb without any reset etc. I just assumed it was the phone reclaiming some of the memory tied up in apps I've used which don't run continually.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm usually hanging @ 141. Occasionally it'll dip and regain a little without doing any pulls, but I seem to hover between 141-139

Does the 8900 come with a lot more memory to the bold? Not sure what mine came with but I think its poor that my memory goes from 25 to 2 so quickly. Once I'm down to 2 or less I find the phone starts to sieze up and it takes an age to loads web pages which normally load ok. I guess with 100mb free you would experience this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yes, the 8900 has more, but I'm sorry I can't remember the specs.

Be sure to keep you cache cleaned, history as well. Will hwlp with the free space. I'm not convinced clearing the event log really helps, but you can clean that out as well.

My 8900 is @ 141 because I've removed everything that's not needed (VAD, tmo 5, included wallpapers/video).

Don't forget to do a batt pull once in awhile as well to regain some memory that apps haven't freed up.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbluemusic View Post
    Does the 8900 come with a lot more memory to the bold? Not sure what mine came with but I think its poor that my memory goes from 25 to 2 so quickly. Once I'm down to 2 or less I find the phone starts to sieze up and it takes an age to loads web pages which normally load ok. I guess with 100mb free you would experience this.
    Holy cow, I had no idea the 8900 had so much app memory free! As a storm owner, I'm feeling a little jealous right now thinking my 48 megs free after batt pull was good. If I had 100+ free at all times I don't think I'd ever be concerned with memory leaks and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    Holy cow, I had no idea the 8900 had so much app memory free! As a storm owner, I'm feeling a little jealous right now thinking my 48 megs free after batt pull was good. If I had 100+ free at all times I don't think I'd ever be concerned with memory leaks and such.
    Ha yeah. I've had a clean out recently. I used to start with 16mb after a battery pull and within 24hrs I'd be down to literally 0.05mb (the worst I saw). I expect some of this is down to an app I am running which has a bad leak. Not identified whih it is yet.

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Did you run some app like google maps and close it that also does this sometimes more like occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by rajafarhan View Post
    Did you run some app like google maps and close it that also does this sometimes more like occasionally.
    I suspect google app. Other suspicions are beejive or socialscope. Not sure if others have any ideas.

blackman711 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Cool. On my 8320 the memory only went down until I did either a hard or soft reset so this is my first time seeing it go the other way. I love that it comes with 256MB onboard memory!