Well, I noticed that all my songs and videos and pictures had disappeared off my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

joehash no está en línea Stack level 2

Memory card not reading?

Advertisement

Well, I noticed that all my songs and videos and pictures had disappeared off my Curve, but naturally I wasn't worried because I have all that on my comp. Problem is, when I connect my Curve to my comp it shows that it's connected in the Desktop manager but it no longer reads the memory card (ie I can't use my Curve as a mass storage device). I tried taking out the memory card to make sure it is in securely but that didn't help. Anyone have this problem? What can I do to rememdy this?

zkyevolved no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Memory card not reading?

Are you sure that you have it on in the options? There's an option for BOTH :
    1) use it as a mass storage
    2) enable the memory card slot.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had this happen twice on my 8830. I had to format the media card on my PC, then format it in the Blackberry, then copy all my stuff back onto the card from my PC. The problem went away when I upgraded my OS from the original VZW 8830 OS to the most current one.

Yeah, I definitely checked the options to make sure mass storage mode was enabled and memory card slot. Now, I put on the most recent software (the vodafone OS) and I try to reformat the card directly on the device but it immediately says it fails. What's the deal with this?

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Is you memory card locked into place? Those holders (at least on the pearl and 8800) are contrary to fat fingers like mine

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

I'm having a similar issue. My work PC no longer sees the memory card, either in Windows Explorer using Mass Storage Mode, nor in Media Manager with MSM disabled. The only thing I can think of is that I encrypted the card once to wipe the logs, then turned off the security.

The odd thing is, my home PC still sees it in both modes! I used my work PC to upgrade my device to the new Vodaphone OS, but that didn't fix it. Am I looking at a format?

That's the reason I said above that you have to format it in your PC before you format it in the Blackberry. Connect your blackberry in mass storage mode and format it from Windows Explorer. Next Safely remove the Blackberry as you would any other USB thumb drive. Then format it on the Blackberry.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

*boggle* That's bizarre. I'll try it.

bartokbatt - the problem was that I couldn't connect my blackberry in mass storage mode because it wasn't even picking up the memory card. However, I tried reinserting the card again and now it's reading it thankfully. Now my question is this: how do you format it on your pc?
    Last edited by joehash; 08-23-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Once you see it as a drive in Windows Explorer (it'll be called Blackberry), right click and at the bottom of the pop-up menu is the format option.