I purchased an 8GB card at Micro Center a few weeks ago for $34.95. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616

Memory card issue?

Advertisement

I purchased an 8GB card at Micro Center a few weeks ago for $34.95. I installed it, replacing my 1GB that I had in there before.

I went through and selected 1,643 songs and copied the files over to my card. Afterwards, my phone was VERY sluggish doing much of anything for a couple of hours while it said "SCANNING" in Media.

Is this "normal"? If so, then others need to be alerted so they will know to expect that.

I'm on 4.5.0.81

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    it initially takes a little time for the berry to read the card but a couple of hours is a little extreme i think.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~was it formatted in your PC or you BB? I have found better response if the card is formatted using the BB.

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    i´ve got a 16 gb card a few days ago. the scan process was about 5 minutes. so i totally agree with cat.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    were you running other programs in the background? when was the last time you did a battery pull and reset your phone? have you installed any new apps? all of these could cause your BB to act strangely...i 1st recommend doing a battery pull for at least 30 seconds to reboot the phone and give it fresh legs to run on...hope this helps

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    I formatted the card in the BB. I did a battery pull right before I started copying files from my computer. There weren't any other apps running, and when I loaded the card, I was in a location where I didn't have cell service.

After I loaded up, and saw where it said SCANNING, I went to the grocery, back home, put things away (about an hour for all that...), then I drove 1/2 hour, and was there for a while before the phone returned to normal.

Odd things I noticed just HOW SLOW it was:
    - I have my voice mail password saved where it automatically puts it in when I hit my speed-dial for it. I had a voice mail show up. I hit the speed-dial, and I was being prompted for my password before my screen even showed that I was in the call!
    - I received a call. The phone rang but didn't show who the caller was until after I was on the call.

Everything appears to be relatively normal to me now, but when I am in Media, there are obvious delays when starting a song, or going to a song search.

Just doesn't make any sense to me. If I remember correctly, this is a class 4 memory card.

I have about 16MB free in main memory.