I updated last night ot 4.5 on AT&T, dropped to 11 mb of memory- i've ... BlackBerry Curve forum

suertetres no está en línea Stack level 1

Memory after upgrade??-SOLVED

Advertisement

I updated last night ot 4.5 on AT&T, dropped to 11 mb of memory- i've pulled the battery and still nothing. Only extra apps i have are AOL and Yahoo, which were on before. I did notice Yellow Pages loaded and Streaming Media now has white box around the icon.

anyone experiance any of these issues after upgrade? why did my memory drop so low? how do i get it back???

Help!!!

MY SOLUTION: the languages and files i previously deleted were added back to my BB. Simple deltion and i'm back to full memory!!!
    Last edited by suertetres; 12-14-2008 at 11:28 PM.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Curios... did you have no vendor stuff loaded on your previous version and let it ride for this upgrade and did not delete the vendor file?

keizerjrr no está en línea Stack level 3
    I run several apps. I have peeka who and followup running all the time. I have a pretty heavy theme with slidding icons and I upgraded to AT&T's .110 os and I have 11+ megs of memory and I think my phone is actually running more responsive. You might have a bad install. I think I would wipe and try again.

I had the standard vendor stuff, i really didn't delete anything when I upgraded, and being new to the BB world, i waited until AT&T released the update. So i lose 5mb of memory and get osme wierd white box on my menu on "streaming media"

Frustrating, atleast i have a sunday project now

keizerjrr no está en línea Stack level 3
    The white box around comes in the 4.5 package. Everybody's os gets it. Remember all the elements you are getting with this os upgrade. Sure it is going to consume some memory. I run a 8 gig memory card and put everything I can on it.

Thanks for the help keizerjrr. I think the whitebox was driving me more crazy then anything else!!

What can i put on my memory card? Can i run programs like AOL and Yahoo Messenger?