Still learning.... In the Media Options, what is Device memory Limit? Can be set to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Beam1 no está en línea Stack level 1

memory

Advertisement

Still learning.... In the Media Options, what is Device memory Limit? Can be set to 12mb or 15mb. I have not yet picked up a media card. I tried to send over a couple of songs but got a message that I did not have enough memory. Tried to send 1 song just under 5 mb and no luck. I can, however send some pics over. I sent 3 pictures (total maybe 5mb to BB). Do I have some setting wrong or can I get no media over without a media card? My Status reads 13335332 Free and 54919168 total. I have no additional applications, 180 address entries, 3 pictures for 5 mb, and that's it other than what came preloaded? What gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: memory

the BB's have very limited memory on them. You will need to grab a memory card (watch for them the Friday after Thanksgiving, they might be really cheap in your area).

What you can do to free up some space, is delete the pre-installed demo video, and demo song under the Media player. That I think will bring back a few MB, if you haven't already. You can also try to resize those 3 pictures to take up MUCH less space (a nice 640x480 jpg would be under 100k each and still look just as decent on the BB screen).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Thank you for your reply, Cliff, and good idea about resizing the pictures. I should have thought of that. I have already deleted the video, but I don't seem to be able to delete the preloaded pictures. They have a little red lock beside the thumb. Can these not be deleted? Also, just noticed that the pictures I copies over only show a thumbnail for one of them...the other 2 just display a generic dogeared file sheet. Any idea why?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

The pre-installed images are protected, the only way to remove those is to wipe the entire device and do a custom install. That's a bit trickier, but there are threads around here to guide you if one day you wish to try.

As for your pictures, what are the formats of the two not displayed ? When you click on them, do you see them load or not?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

They load up just fine and they are the same format as the picture with the thumbnail. I have deleted them all and I'm going to resend them as smaller sized as you suggest. I'll see if they give me a thumbnail then.