Guys, my 8310 through ATT has an icon for MediaNET and one for Internet Browser. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

silv333 no está en línea Stack level 3

MediaNET or Internet Browser?

Advertisement

Guys, my 8310 through ATT has an icon for MediaNET and one for Internet Browser. Any difference? Should I be using one versus the other for internet access?

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    mediaNET is like ATT's way to get you to buy stuff (ringtones, games, etc...) I just hide MediaNET, and always use the Browser. I can do everything on the Internet Browser that I can do on mediaNET, but I don't have to deal with ATT's stuff.

silv333 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Cool, thanks!!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    The MediaNet Browser's options typically have Java script and other browser enhancements turned off to make it faster and more of a "WAP" browser.

Also, the MediaNet Browser routes through AT&T's Network, so when you go to www.yahoo.com using that browser, you get AT&T's branded Yahoo mobile home page which is different from the page you get with the Internet Browser which goes directly to the Interent (and is not trying to suck more $$ from you for ringtones and wallpapers).

If you're on a BES, you'd have a "BlackBerry Browser" which routes through your Company network - making company IntRanet sites accessible on your BlackBerry.

Of the three, I only use the Internet Browser! My company has no web pages that work with the BlackBerry Browser, and in fact recently crippled it for "security" reasons!
    Last edited by jdellasala; 07-21-2008 at 06:39 AM.
    JerryD