My media player has just started giving errors. For instance I have a song - ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!

media player unsupported file types

Advertisement

My media player has just started giving errors. For instance I have a song - no doubt don't speak when I try to play it I get unsupported mode then it flashes to the next song now if I choose the song again it works that's not the only song it does that with suggestions?

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Is it DRM protected?

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    I tried it both ways protected and unprotected same both ways

Let me also clarify its not always the same songs. The example I put earlier now plays fine when I go to it its different songs at different times. I thought it was just some songs but its not. Its strange like if I start playing all of my songs and tell it to shuffle then it will skip some songs. I wish I could get a screenshot of the erro but it flashes VERY quickly. It shows up red and says something like unsupported file type plays like a nano second of the song then moves to the next one. I am also getting a lot of skipping on my songs. I'm gonna remove all of my songs and reload them - format my card and see if that fixes it.
    Last edited by mserica513; 07-20-2008 at 07:28 PM.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    What format are they in?

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    they are all .mp3 format. I just formatted my card and reloaded my songs. Should I use the bb dsktop mgr to load my songs? I've been doing drag and drop What do you think? I'm gonna go through my songs and see if it happens again.

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    well its still happening, i have 92 songs on my phone this time after I formatted my card. It happened 5x when going through my songs, just playing then telling the bb to go next. IDK what to do. It didnt start happening until I added more songs. I orinigaly have like 30 songs, i upgraded my card to a 2gb then added more songs and viola this problem. I'm guessing I'm the only one having the problem. it flashes red at the top right of the screen I dont catch what it says but it says there is an error the file is not supported. Very strange, any suggestions. Would Sprint even help with this?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    This sometimes happens to me as well. But only when I play all the songs in shuffle mode. I believe it may have something to do with copying the files onto the sd card. Sometimes the card won't correctly unmount from my computer and maybe a byte or two is off, and sometimes the media player gets confused.
    Not sure, but that's my theory.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    I just copy and paste too and I have no problems, have you installed a 3rd party application recently like xplayer?

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    Ihad x player for all of 30 seconds before I deleted it. I didn't like it one bit. I did this though before I upgraded the size of my media card~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    What media card size are you running? If its too big and you dont have support for it, that may be why.

PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    2gb i would hope it could support it. Ben Marvin has the same problem sometimes good to know that its not just my berry. but its kinda annoying

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    mine gives me that error randomly once every 40 songs maybe.
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Its not the media card then, did you try formatting the memory card? Before you do that, back up everything on there.