My daughters friend gave her a 8310 ATT Curve She is using a Razor V3xx ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Clifford938 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a57ef3

Media Net on 8310 Curve

Advertisement

My daughters friend gave her a 8310 ATT Curve
    She is using a Razor V3xx with media net unlimited and unlimited family messaging
    I put her SIM in to the Curve, it shows the media net icon and can indeed go to there
    she really doesn't need the push email or telenav
    it also is getting SMS msgs in
    Also, "edge" is in lower case on that one as my Curve which has BIS is "EDGE"
    Is there any way I can leave her to use it as such or will sooner or later, ATT will catch on and I land up with some outrageous bill??

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: Media Net on 8310 Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford938 View Post
    My daughters friend gave her a 8310 ATT Curve
    She is using a Razor V3xx with media net unlimited and unlimited family messaging
    I put her SIM in to the Curve, it shows the media net icon and can indeed go to there
    she really doesn't need the push email or telenav
    it also is getting SMS msgs in
    Also, "edge" is in lower case on that one as my Curve which has BIS is "EDGE"
    Is there any way I can leave her to use it as such or will sooner or later, ATT will catch on and I land up with some outrageous bill??
    Switching SIM cards in your phone is not a problem with AT&T, as long as you're paying for MediaNet it doesn't matter what phone it is being used by.

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

I agree, as long as your paying for Media Net and the messaging plan, your good! You might want to call in and change IMEI# with at&t if you haven't already. It doesn't always update in system automatically! Some sms txts might not come through, as I had this problem when I switched to my Curve!
    If I knew then, what I know now............

glen3918@gmail.com

dreja530 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24388a59

She probably won't get mms~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tarawa no está en línea Stack level 1

I get MMS on my Curve from AT&T and media net only.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by glenbrgss View Post
    I agree, as long as your paying for Media Net and the messaging plan, your good! You might want to call in and change IMEI# with at&t if you haven't already. It doesn't always update in system automatically! Some sms txts might not come through, as I had this problem when I switched to my Curve!
    Once you give AT&T the IMEI number for your curve, they will update the system. The problem I found when I tried that is, all my text messages stopped. Media Net went away even if I was paying for it. If not mistaken BlackBerry require a blackberry data package.
    If you can find a work around good luck.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I would advise when calling to switch IMEI with ATT to double check on your plan charges on this as you indeed don't want to get an outrageous bill from her texting, etc. Better to be safe than sorry.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~as I have seen from personal experiences in store...when u change the imei in our systems it will forcefully make u remove that unlimited media net package if its a pda phone...sorry but the system was changed for this reason...and sooner or later the billing system will catch this and totally freeze the ability to access the media net browser at all...if it hasn't yet then consider yourself very lucky but I would go rejoicing without fear that it won't happen...sometimes its better to be safe than sorry

sublevel no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~as I have seen from personal experiences in store...when u change the imei in our systems it will forcefully make u remove that unlimited media net package if its a pda phone...sorry but the system was changed for this reason...and sooner or later the billing system will catch this and totally freeze the ability to access the media net browser at all...if it hasn't yet then consider yourself very lucky but I would go rejoicing without fear that it won't happen...sometimes its better to be safe than sorry
    I agree with Harry- Switch to the $30 unlimited personal data package for Blackberry to prevent any future overages or headaches