For some reason web pages load just fine on my media net browser...but if i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

amosrock no está en línea Stack level 2

My Media Net Browser Works...But My Blackberry Browser Doesnt?

Advertisement

For some reason web pages load just fine on my media net browser...but if i try using the blackberry browser it just loads forever and then eventually errors out...anyone know why?

RadioDoc no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: My Media Net Browser Works...But My Blackberry Browser Doesnt?

Are you connected to a Blackberry Enterprise Server, or do you have a BIS plan?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

do you have all the proper service books?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

i am connected to a BES server...i'm unfamiliar with the service books however...this whole thing is still slightly new to me

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Go to your Setup Internet Email icon if you have one, click Service Books, Send All.

sghemati no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Hi,

Does your BB Browser not render on some sites, or all the sites?

The BB Browser on the Curve has a bug (I tried several OSes and other Curves of friends), on some sites that have a Java Pop up, even when you accept it (and enable it in options), the device resets / reboots.

So if you have the rendering problem on some sites, the unfortunate bug is 'normal', if you are having problems on all sites,
    Try resending your service books, a couple of battery pulls, check with your Carrier if you are provisioned on your SIM card and ask them to run a check if possible (you'll have a blackout for some time, 2 -3 hours to a day, depending),
    Check in your options / browser, and see which one is the default, if it's Media Net or Internet Browser, try changing options and see

The easy solution everybody all over is finding, is downloading and using Opera Mini (which I use with the problematic sites with the BB), happily we have a way out of the BB bug, but would rather use the BB Browser,
    But am afraid Carriers 'hit' the customers for extra charges for using Opera, depending on plans

I personally think RIM should be providing a solution / patch / etc; with all these new devices coming out (happily), I would hope that these bugs are not 'solved' on the new device, thus pushing people to buy a new phone every 3 months... and becoming a bit too much consumer oriented; the nice thing with RIM so far is that they came out with reliable devices, when it was once or twice a year,

Hope to be of help, take care

i think i'll just dl opera mini...i work for AT&T so my bill is free and unlimited everything...so im not too worried about incurring any extra charges...i'll dl it and see if it works ok. thanks

sghemati no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

ok, cool. pleasure

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

Ask your BES Admin to restart the Mobile Data Service (MDS) service on the BES. I usually have to do that when users complain that their BB Browser stops working.

RadioDoc no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by amosrock
    i am connected to a BES server...i'm unfamiliar with the service books however...this whole thing is still slightly new to me
    Blackberry Browser sends traffic in and out via your company's BES. Sounds like that's where the problem lies. They may have something misconfigured. At any rate, you should run this by your IT department.