HI - i realise that this topic has surfaced previously, but I am wondering whether ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

Media - jpeg.rem file transfer problem

Advertisement

HI - i realise that this topic has surfaced previously, but I am wondering whether anyone can give me a definite solution to this:

I have a Curve 8300, running OS 4.2.2.67, bought in June last year in the UK. I have taken a few photos on it and would now like to download these onto my desktop computer to free up space on the BB. However, the file extension for these pictures - "...jpeg.rem" - is not recognised, such that they dont even show up in media manager when I connect the BB to my computer. I have tried: renaming them without the "rem" suffix; emailing them; disabling media card encryption. None of these methods worked. However I am still able to see clearly some photos I took on an ordinary digital camera, which I copied from my computer to the BB - they show up both on the BB and media manager. These only have the "jpeg" suffix.

Any ideas as to how I can get these "rem" photos from the BB to my computer ? This must surely be a problem of which RIM are aware.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Media - jpeg.rem file transfer problem

The only thing that I can find is this...you must have taken the pics with encryption enabled. Some have had success by disabling encryption and others have not. I'm affraid most have lost those pics from what I am reading. I was going to say just email them or try to MMS them to your pc, but I see that you have already tried that. http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...ad.php?t=61624 check out this post...sorry

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Media - jpeg.rem file transfer problem

Yeah if they have a .rem if on them it means you have the encryption turned on for the media card. If you turn it off any future pictures won't be encrypted but the ones currently on the device remain with that .rem extension.