My BlackBerry has several .mp3's on it but does not acknowledge them in the phones ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Nedric7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Media Issues

Advertisement

My BlackBerry has several .mp3's on it but does not acknowledge them in the phones media player?

When i go through the BlackBerry Desktop manager software, it shows me the media files on the phone, and i am able to play them. Yet the phone does not show that anything is there when i attempt to play them back on the phone?

Any ideas what may be causing this issue ?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    It's possible that you have the audio files on the root directory of the media card, if so you will need to place them in the "BlackBerry > Music " folder in order for the Media player to find them.

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedric7 View Post
    My BlackBerry has several .mp3's on it but does not acknowledge them in the phones media player?

When i go through the BlackBerry Desktop manager software, it shows me the media files on the phone, and i am able to play them. Yet the phone does not show that anything is there when i attempt to play them back on the phone?

Any ideas what may be causing this issue ?

If you have not, disconnect from desktop manager and the computer before looking for the files on the device. If data is stored on the media card it will not show up on the device until disconnected from the computer.

Nedric7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I actually solved the problem by the most basic of all troubleshooting methods.

I removed the the media files and backed them up onto the PC. I then shut off the phone and removed the battery. A minuted later i turned the phone back on, and tried adding the media files once again. This time there was not a single problem. everything is working great. thanks for the effort guys.