Yesterday when i was about to walk my son around the neighborhood. I was putting ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck

Media card issues, Is this normal?

Advertisement

Yesterday when i was about to walk my son around the neighborhood. I was putting new music on my BB so i can listen to while we take a stroll around the block. Nothing new, used BB media sync added cubes and game album on top of my collection of music already on it. Now i have 4.5gb of music on my 8gb card. When we started walking i noticed that it takes a while for all of the music to show up on my phone. I mean like we went around the block twice (30-40 minutes) and all of the music still hasnt registered. It usually takes about an hour for all the music to show when adding music to my card. Afterwards, theres no problem, smooth sailing, its just when i decide to add music to my phone.. Is this normal?

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Just knowing what I do about computers the larger the memory it has to scan, the longer it takes. It also has to do with your other memory capabilities, for instance less ram (32mb)would take longer to scan your 8 gig card than say more(128mb)ram.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Dahm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah I'd say its because of the large amount of music on your phone. However, its not solely from music, but from the ram (like thbassman said). I'm guessing you have upwards of 20+ programs added onto your phone as well? The more "full" your phone is, the slower its going to get.

If it helps, I have about 3.5gigs of music on my phone, and it loads in about 2 minutes. That can give you a reference point. My phone is also pretty fresh, having around 6-7 programs (aftermarket) installed.

Goodluck.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Honestly, I don't have any aftermarket programs installed. I have aim and yahoo messenger running. outside of that, its nothing unusual that came with the phone to begin with. I seriously doubt that how many programs installed is a factor compared to how many is running.
    Maybe it has something to do with the media manager program i use. I use the program that imports my itunes playlist to my BB, instead of just dragging and dropping the files. Ill try that and see how it goes. As i stated before, its not critical, but i just wanted to know if its common.
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 08-26-2008 at 02:00 PM.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    I found out why.. I was using Blackberry media sync. Maybe since the cpu of the phone has to transverse through all of the folders to get to list the songs is what made it take so long.
    I just erased all of the music off my phone and used the old school drag and drop method (this time i only used 2.5gb, my wife needed to use the bedroom desktop to do work and thats where all of my music is stored), after adding the music, it only took about 1 minute for all the songs to show.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I am glad we were able to help. That too would influence it as it is loaded differently by the BB. I mistakenly assumed you were using the desp and drop method. That is all I use. I think RIM came out with the other for the less computer literate.
    Good luck and feel free to respond with any more questions.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~