Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a 8330 Curve and have bought a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

double-duty no está en línea Stack level 1

Media Card Hang-up?

Advertisement

Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a 8330 Curve and have bought a 4gb. micro sd card to use with it. Unfortunately any time it is inserted I am unable to receive any phone calls. They show up as "Unavailable" numbers and go right to voice mail.
    After removing the card I have to go through the whole wipe "blackberry" process to start receiving calls again. And yes I tried more conservative approaches by resending service books, removing battery, soft re-boot. Needless to say, very frustrating.
    Last edited by double-duty; 07-14-2008 at 05:57 PM.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    What software are you running? There have been some issues with blackberry media cards using the beta OS. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    that is strange. Hit us up with some more information. Have you formatted the card in the berry?

Thank you for the replies. I am using 4.3 and I have formatted the card a few times. (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    dont know. make sure your media card setting are correct. Options>media card>media card support on,encryption none, mass storage support on, auto enable mass storage on. if this doesnt help, Im sure a tech will respond soon.

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    That is about the strangest thing ever.

When you mean wipe, i presume you are refering to the on device wipe right? not a full wipe via Java Loader right? When you wipe you dont have to reload the OS right? just just put up all your data right?

Another thing to try. I kno this is random, but maybe there is a file type/filename that is screwing up the phone. Check out ur files and see if there is any weird filetypes/filenames on there.

Also, are you using any pictures from the memory card as a picture ID for any contacts? jsut wondering if maybe that is throwing it off. (BTW after you wipe and then resync your contacts that info would probably still be there/ associated)

Just throwing out random things here.
    Let us know.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~4.3 was never officially released was it its now 4.5 but I don't think the os supports memory cards someone correct me if I'm wrong this is the whole reason I'm waiting for the official release in the us

I just go ahead with a device wipe and have had to do this so many times I now wait to put my contacts back on. No pictures used for id, only for wallpaper.
    As far as 3rd party software I have Googles group of applications, Pinstack, Upvise (contacts)
    Thank you again for your ideas.

I am using the OS that came with the Curve when I purchased it, which is 4.3. I have also checked back periodically with Verizon and Blackberry to update.