"A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Cervet no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Media Card

Advertisement

"A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer."

I am getting this error each time i turn on or hard reset my device. Have tried formatting the media card but the problem persists even after formating.

I wanna knoe how to perform disk error checking utility on a computer???

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    enable mass storage on your media card, hook the device up to your PC with the USB, open Desk top manager, then you should see your media card listed along with your hard drive on your PC, then you should be able to defrag it or check it for errors

i have enabled the mass storage but i am unable to see the media listed with hard drive on the pc!!???

PIN/ID
    nada
    try this if any of these settings are different on your device go to options-media card-media card support-on encryption-none mass storage-on auto enable mass storage -on if this doent work, maybe you have the wrong DTM downloaded. go to BB.com and make sure the correct DTM is on your PC for you device and device OS. also it would be a good idea to list your device details with your username.

bcp858 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What is the size limit? I had a limit of 2g in my pearl but dont know about the 8310. Just d/l the latest update from the bb site.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I think it depends on your OS. 4.2.0-2GB 4.2.1-4GB 4.2.2-4GB 4.3.0-8GB 4.5-8GB

The device specs are as follows:

BB 8300
    v4.2.2.114

Media Card details:
    Media card support = on
    encryption mode = none
    mass storage mode support = on
    auto enable mass storage when connected = yes

total space = 119.8MB
    free space = 119.8 MB

Desktop Manager:
    v 4.2.1.8

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Also, make sure you have the media card in right. I know that some people don't insert it properly due to its size. It's just a suggestion. You may want to double check.

and i have formatted my card twice, reloaded the software,
    and now updraded the software to v4.2.2.114, turned on/off media storage mode several times. took out and re inserted the media card, blew the card slot for dust ,soft reset / hard reset the device, wiped the handheld.

nothing happened

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Ignoring the Desktop Manager for a moment, plug the Berry up to your PC and click on My Computer, look in the section for removable drives and see if the Berry is listed as one. If it is, open it and you will be in the root of your media card.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried a different media card or maybe this card in another device. It is showing the device size of 119mb which isn't even close to proper. So you need to determin if it is the card or the device causing the issue. If you put another card in the blackberry and it works then it is obviously an issue with the card and not the device.