I apologize if this has already been asked but, I couldn't find a post. Is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

media

Advertisement

I apologize if this has already been asked but, I couldn't find a post. Is there a way to transfer picture or ringtones from the media card to the curve? Or from one folder to another? I am with Tmobile and I could do it with the pearl.I have MP3's in my ringtones and I want to move them to the music folder. Am I missing something here?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: media

If you scroll to the file, hit menu then move. Move the file to your desired path.

If you want to copy them to the music folder, hit Copy then paste it in the appropriate folder.

PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that is the problem, there is no option to move it. I am wondering if the new OS will fix this.

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

You can also do it using the roxio media manager on your desktop.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~LOL! If I had a computer that would be perfect. I am wondering if this is a problem that other curve users have or did I just get lucky and get a messed up curve. Maybe I should of waited a month or so to buy it, wait until all the bugs are out.

~via SUPA BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Which OS are you running? I am on the .173 and I have this option to move files.

PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that is the OS that I am running. When I click menu there is no option to move it from one folder to the next. I wonder if it is a setting that I am missing.

~via SUPA BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My bad, you are trying from with in your ringtones folder huh? Maybe if you send em via MMS to yourself you can choose where to store it.

PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok,I have the option in pictures I can't move stuff around in the ringtone folder or the music folder, If I needed to reformat my media card there is not an option to move it to the phone. Guess I will call BB help at Tmo but, I don't feel confident enough with them knowing the answer, it is probably going to be a waste of time. I am not putting Tmo down, they are awesome but, Pinstack is so much more helpful.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I was trying to perform the things that you are requesting, and I couldn't accomplish them either. It may be a limitation of the software (honestly never tried before this and never tried with my Pearl either, so couldn't comment on that either as I prefer to handle everything on a computer where I have a large screen and larger keyboard). If you do call T-Mo be sure and tell the CSR to connect you to the BB department and tell them that you have an 8320 (Curve) as they have a department dedicated to this device specifically. They might not be as knowledgeable as the stackers here, but they have some techs that I have talked to that would give us a run for our money (and others that I have taught a thing or too to).

PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~finally called tmo, they say that I have to re-format the card, I don't see that changing my menu options, if the bb didn't recognize my media card, it would ask me where I wanted to save whatever I was downloading to my phone, so to apease the rep I am going to put a brand new, empty, re-formatted card into the bb, take some pics, save to card and then see if the move option magically appears.

PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ha, it didn't work! So now I'd like to know how many other curve owners have discovered this?

PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~talked to tmo rep again, this one told me that RIM did it this way so curve owners would have to use DM to back all data up to a computer. It minimizes the risk of corrupting the BB.it makes sense what about all of us that don't have a computer?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

For those without a computer it is simple: RIM doesn't care about you I know it is true,but still find it hard to believe that in this day and age people still don't have computers. It seems like everyplace (schools especially) are wanting everyone to have computer and internet access at all times. Heck at my house alone we have 6 complete systems up and running at all times (all networked as well) and there are only 4 in the household (2 are in the 5 and 6 year old range), so that is a lot of computers (and that isn't counting the ones we have access to at both work and schools). We also have various PocketPCs, Palms, and 2 Pearls and 2 curves (and all are active and busy).