I saw in an 8100 discussion that people were able to do this. Is it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vrble no está en línea Stack level 1

Maybe I'm Just Stubborn - Jad/Jar files, Copying them To 8300 Through Media Manager?

Advertisement

I saw in an 8100 discussion that people were able to do this. Is it possible to copy Jad/Jar files onto the 8300 Device Memory so that you can Explore then select and let the files install? As I said before, the 8100 and DEvice Manager allowed them to do this. What about the Curve? Am I being too stubborn, or should I just send them to myself and pay the data rate? I mean, I've got them RIGHT HERE ON MY DESKTOP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Why can't I just copy them over? Converting to ALX doesn't seem to quite work. There isn't anything to convert the JAD file to COD to go along with the JAR to ALX conversion.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Maybe I'm Just Stubborn - Jad/Jar files, Copying them To 8300 Through Media Manager?

acutally ive been pondering this too, anybody?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Maybe I'm Just Stubborn - Jad/Jar files, Copying them To 8300 Through Media Manager?

I'm going to take a very educated guess here about the jar files. I believe that it may be a small but complete install file for small java programs and can be installed directly on the BB.

I do know that the alx file is a descriptor file that provides the instructions needed by the applications loader to install the cod files, which are the program files, on the BB. You have to have both to install the program using desktop manager.

And I'm pretty sure that the jad file is a similar to the alx, except it is used by the BB Internet (and possibly the MDS browser) to download and install the cod files OTA. Again you have to have both file types to install the program.

I'm going to guess that the only file type that can be installed from the media card is the jar file

This is my conjecture, so take it for what it's worth

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

vrble no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Maybe I'm Just Stubborn - Jad/Jar files, Copying them To 8300 Through Media Manag

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCSR
    Yeah Richard is correct, you could put the jar files on your BB (4.2 os) and they will install(device memory, or mem card).

This can not be done with Jad however as it is like an alx file and is just a descriptor telling which cod's to load.
    Well, my 8300 doesn't accept JAR files, or device manager won't drag/drop them to my 8300. BB OS is 4.2.2.89 and Dev Mgr 4.2.2.10. Either way, I have no idea how to get the JAR files to my device memory without some program that can see the actual JAR file and copy it over. I don't have a SD card yet.