I can fix, solve, repair, figure out the various issues I have been having ltely ... BlackBerry Curve forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

May need to leave BBerry nd go wih omthg else...Unless...

Advertisement

I can fix, solve, repair, figure out the various issues I have been having ltely with my 8320 on T-Mo USA. I have tried almost every OS known, have exchanged 4 Curves at a TMo retail store, settings, battery pulls, you name it. The issues? My mesages disappear randomly (my mems fine), apps suddenly stop working, the thing reboots on its own, I sometimes get email, sometimes not. I rely heavily on getting messages ALL THE TIME. I'll admit, TMo has been TERRIFIC as far as CS goes. But fel that I can no longer trust and rely on my BBerry...I never know, for ure, if all my messages are getting to me. It sucks, I know, but I am at mywits end...

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    that sounds wierd, maybe its a third party app thats causing all of the ruckus!
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I have two 8320s, an 8300, and 8310 using all the OSs and haven't had any of these problems. They are all reliable and work great. Have you tried running with no 3rd party apps on the offical tmo os? Make sure the phone is set to save the emails forever. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yeah, I've tried. But the apps I have are:

Google Maps
    Simulscribe
    Empower Mail Viewer

all of which I use all the time...

besides, what good woul my "smartphone" be if I couldn't install and third part apps.? that kind of defeats the purpose of all those cool apps now doesn't it?

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    its not that you could never have the apps again, it would be a trouble shooting step to see if the phone operates correctly in its default state. If it does then you have a better idea where the problem is.

I would try to back-up the entire phone, wipe the OS using JL CMMNDR then re-install the most current OS then see if it operates correctly.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    I have two 8320s, an 8300, and 8310 using all the OSs and haven't had any of these problems. They are all reliable and work great. Have you tried running with no 3rd party apps on the offical tmo os? Make sure the phone is set to save the emails forever. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same here. I have an 8100 and an 8120 running the same OS (have upgraded thru all versions of 4.2, 4.3, and 4.5. Still waiting for TMo to release their own version of 4.5 for the 8120) and the only issues I had were:
    1) BB Messenger thinking I upgraded phones every time I reboot
    2) My 8120 decided 2 months ago to basically reboot on its own all day after I installed an app it didn't like (which has since been removed after the one day rebooting loop).

I have not had the memory wiping problem in a long time and I went thru 3 8100's last year (crashes on the first 2).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 08-03-2008 at 01:55 AM.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sorry to hear that you've got so many issues with your BB. I hope your next phone works well for you. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tank067762 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well i can tell you that it could be because of the 3rd party apps but i had that trouble my self but what really helpa me is to remove the battery every morning and i am fine throughout the day. Try it and hope it works for your •BB~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think it's really stupid how we have to deal with these battery pulls and what-not. However, I don't think the minor hold ups outweigh the advantages of having a BB. Anyway, the Bold should solve these current shortcomings.

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Just curious, did you try replacing the SIM as well?
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ive noticed since the newer BB's have come out im having to do a battery pull almost everyday when i had the 7xxx models i never had these problems that was the main advantage of blackberry over windows mobile my friend mogul has never crashed on her that just pisses me off the bold better address these issues

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I hear these problems arise as I wait for my new curve from tmo and it makes me alittle nervous. I would have to say for the most part that very few people have these kinds of problems. I would have to agree with the buckeye fan and start with everything original and start adding back slowly til you pinpoint the problem. Just my thoughts and I'm sorry you are having problems

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color