View Poll Results: May 7th? with what carrier?

Voters
90. Register free to vote on this poll
  • YES! im sportin the 8300 with TMO on May 7th!

28 31.11%
  • YES! im sportin the 8300 with AT&T on May 7th!

16 17.78%
  • No i think it will be late May on TMO

12 13.33%
  • No, im betting it will be with AT&T late May

10 11.11%
  • im betting on June with one of the GSM carriers

15 16.67%
  • i actually think it will be a CDMA carrier sometime soon

8 8.89%
  • whats an 8300?

1 1.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by takeshi While we're just making up stuff I vote for the 9800 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: May 7th?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    While we're just making up stuff I vote for the 9800 on May 7th.
    I agree, I vote for the 8900, or was that the 8990, oops that's right it was or is the 9800!......LOL>>>>

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    Oh I agree. I think Monday is a pipe dream. However, not sure about corp accounts, but consumers return period is only 14 days.
    I think it depends on your location, here in Cali the TMO folks gave me 30 days to return my consumer 8100. I returned it right after I found out that the 8300 was coming!

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Tmobile isn't dumb enough to release another BlackBerry™ device while the 8800 is still within a 30 day return period.
    Cingular/ATT on the other hand is a different story. (Sorry, just had to get a shot in there).
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nate, I think Cingy will have it and so will Wendy!!
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Quote Originally Posted by Crewdawg257
    June is what I am getting from my TMO contacts... But then again nobody believed me when my contact said mid-April on the 8800.

Do you have any contacts at Cingy?
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-4Trippin
    I think it depends on your location, here in Cali the TMO folks gave me 30 days to return my consumer 8100. I returned it right after I found out that the 8300 was coming!
    It figures I'd get screwed by location thanks!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I want my 8300!!!!!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I have a feeling at earliest it will be the monday after the Wireless Enterprise Symposium, that way they can make a grab at the business crowd that has gathered from across the country and get them interested. It goes on May 8th-10th in Orlando, FL so I can see a 14th or late 21st (if problems arise) release date on TMO. Obviously no serious business people use t-mobile as their BES infrastructure, but this phone will end up on att (probably 2-4weeks after tmob) and could be their way to hit two birds with one stone by getting the corporate crowd buzzing about purchasing this prof/consumer hybrid.

The blackberry curve link just recently went up (even though the page is blank) and knowing RIM they already have a great page lay out ready and waiting to go up at the approved time (probably during WES). After conference ends, there's no reason why they couldn't let t-mobile throw the new phone up on their site and start the media blitz which helped RIM so successfully move the 8100. Those t-mo commercials are pretty catchy. ATT seems to drop the ball with phone releases over this past year so I think the mob's gonna carry this off the line to start things off.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

so many BB's, so little time.

the 8320 is sure sweet looking, but then the 9900 (or whatever it is) end of the year and the talk of the 9100 series too. how does one know which one to pick??

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Oh just pick them all! Why stress over choices

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    so many BB's, so little time.

the 8320 is sure sweet looking, but then the 9900 (or whatever it is) end of the year and the talk of the 9100 series too. how does one know which one to pick??
    I'm gonna wait until the 9100 series (consumer division) drops to upgrade after this 8320 one. I refuse to give up my camera or a full keyboard. I am d-o-n-e with suretype. unless the 9900 comes with both (which it probably won't since it will be business series), then I will hold onto this upcoming release.

I'm actually more excited about the OS upgrades scheduled for end of the year a lot more than I am the phone. like 4 or 5 months back bbcool posted up the slideshow presentation presented at the BB convention and it showed the upgrade names/features and it was just wow.. chances are we'll all get to feel the benefits of it for all 8xxx and up devices, just not have 3g. I don't think there'll be a need to rush into buying it because of this.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    It figures I'd get screwed by location thanks!
    I'm of the understanding that the return policy is the same no matter where you live. I would go to their web site and read about it. Then you will know for sure.

Think Postive!..... Cheers....

jwheels no está en línea Stack level 1

My sources say this will come out to several carriers at pretty much the same time( days). In fact it will come out GSM and CDMA at the same time. This consumer based RIM approach is different than it used to be, As opposed to IPhone being one carrier only, the curve will be available on multiple carriers at the beginning.

seshep no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jwheels
    My sources say this will come out to several carriers at pretty much the same time( days). In fact it will come out GSM and CDMA at the same time. This consumer based RIM approach is different than it used to be, As opposed to IPhone being one carrier only, the curve will be available on multiple carriers at the beginning.

I hope you are correct, but I have have checked with a couple of people with Verzion and keep getting the "don't have any info on it" response.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Tmobile isn't dumb enough to release another BlackBerry™ device while the 8800 is still within a 30 day return period.
    Cingular/ATT on the other hand is a different story. (Sorry, just had to get a shot in there).
    Since we're 'what-iffin', any thoughts about what the price on the 8800 with Tmo will drop to when the 8300 is released on Tmo??? I really really wanted the GPS. So I'm pondering waiting for the 8300 to hit, the 8800 price should drop then grab that
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by TechieGirl
    Since we're 'what-iffin', any thoughts about what the price on the 8800 with Tmo will drop to when the 8300 is released on Tmo??? I really really wanted the GPS. So I'm pondering waiting for the 8300 to hit, the 8800 price should drop then grab that
    I would be shocked if the 8800 dropped a penny. Consumer v. Business. Just my thought. Plus I don't think they would devalue a device that is flying off the shelves in spite of pending BB coming out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast