Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I may be completly wrong on this but maybe the card is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: Mass storage mode not working

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I may be completly wrong on this but maybe the card is a faulty card. I know in the past that I've had SD cards go bad on me. But I may be wrong.

crazypandas no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorJud View Post
    Windows XP is recognizing the Curve just fine...No problems using Desktop Manager...1GB media card is in with mass storage mode turned on in the options. I never had this problem with the Pearl. It never asks me if I want to turn it on once it's connected and it never shows up as an external drive.
    I have a curve and a 2g media card with mass media turned on. When I plug it into the computer it doesn't recognize it even after the DM is open. It is not until I open the Media Manager that it recognizes the drive, and then it works no problem even after I close Roxio.

AviatorJud no está en línea Stack level 2

No change after formatting the card.

I know nothing is wrong with the card because it never had a problem in the Pearl and the Curve recognizes the pics that are on the card. The card also works just fine when I put it in my computer's reader. I dont understand this. It should recognize the phone as a removeable drive as soon as I hook it up to the computer, just as it did with the Pearl. I'm very seriously considering taking it back to TMO and getting a replacement.

I also just put the card back in the Pearl and hooked the Pearl up to the computer and voila! It opens up as a removable drive. Something is wrong with the Curve.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Same thing happened to me try plugging and unplugging the device quickly. Sometimes the PC needs to recognize there is a new device being connected.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Same thing happened to me try plugging and unplugging the device quickly. Sometimes the PC needs to recognize there is a new device being connected.
    No help. The PC is recognizing it just fine, just not as a storage drive. I talked to TMO's BB support today and after going through everything I had already done, they just said to take it back and get a replacement, which is what I plan to do tomorrow. What's so confusing is why there are a number of people on here with exactly the same problem. This can't just be a hardware defect.

Well after replacing the phone with a new unit, it works now. Somehow, it was hardware(or firmware) related. So if you have the same problem and go through all the obvious checks, it very well could be the phone. Go get a new one.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

I have the same problem I have the 2gb mem card on my curve worked fine...put it in my curve it worked for awhile was able to access the mem card as a hard drive, now only way to see my pics/music/ringtones is to open the Roxio media prog...now when I try to access my ringtones via curve I cant even do that I have to do it via comp desktop manager.....I can view everything else on the curve ok, but not the ringtones...now this here is my second mem card and I bought it from SUPERMEDIA store via internet....Question? Everyone else that posted that they are having issues with their cards, did you purchased your cards from SUPERMEDIA?? That could be it! Just a thought I am ready to go to Bestbuy or another computer store to buy rather that the internet!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

mbyer no está en línea Stack level 2

Check and see if you are having a conflict between some other drive and the Windows mapping to your SD card (easily said, not so easily explained).

For some reason, I almost always have to reset the drive letter that windows assigned to my Curve SD Card. Right click on My Computer, select "Manage" - pick "Storage - Disk management" and look for the removable disk. Help to get to that screen and then plug in the Blackberry to the USB cable - watch for the removable disk to appear. You can then right click on the removable disk and select a drive letter like "X:" or "N:" - something far away from others you use. The card should then appear on your computer (assuming you have enabled mass storage, formatted the card, etc, etc).

I cannot explain why this does this - happens on my work computer and not my home computer. Cannot find a way to make it find a clear drive by itself. Cheap fix and sometimes happens with other USB drives so it is a handy thing to know how to do.....

Good luck.

MRB

Sprung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304D032C

Mbyer, THANK YOU! I had the SAME problem and couldnt figure it out! My BB would show up on one computer but not mine. Turns out I had a network drive mapped there already! Thanks sooo much!

Another reason Pinstack rules!

BD
    NEW STORM on VZW, OLD: 8310 ,8300, 7130E

thatcasiokid no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry curve 8320 with 2g card

i'm having a very similar issue, except after having the phone for about a month. only change? installing ROXIO. i used to transfer files just by plugging the phone into my usb and copy & pasting through windows/my computer. after wanting to see if i could add more files within files (more specifically, breaking down memos into sub folders), i decided to open the blackberry disc and install; i have since regretted this.

after installing ROXIO my curve is no longer recognized when plugged in. before, it would prompt me with two messages; first, my computer's usb won't sufficiently charge device; second, it asked if i'd like to turn on mass storage mode. now i get neither. i've plugged and unplugged and restarted my computer twice. i also went into computer management and the drive never showed up.

nothing has been done except the installation of ROXIO.

and as a side not, when the usb is plugged in, it doesn't make the typial usb sound (the high and low toned sounds). now it does the three-in-a-row quick low toned sounds.

and to top it off, i can't find how to uninstall the media manager/ROXIO.

casio
    Last edited by thatcasiokid; 02-03-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: oh no! typo!

thatcasiokid no está en línea Stack level 1

i reinstalled the software following a link (blackberry dot com /Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=Yh1HZV+hjZO0Uy-mhT7Trw**). i selected the newest version and ran it through.

so far so good. my blackberry is recognized and i think it's even charging properly (before i had to use the wall charger). i'd recommend anyone else having this problem to install the newest software; it was 4.3 for me whereas the software included on cd was 4.2 something.

most people are quick to blame the phone or disk. my guess it's usually software related, not hardware.
    Last edited by thatcasiokid; 02-03-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: last thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12