Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many did that and was it worth it?... BlackBerry Curve forum

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3

how many switch from att unlocked curve to t-mobile curve?

Advertisement

How many did that and was it worth it?

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

Re: how many switch from att unlocked curve to t-mobile curve?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~me me me I love the 8320!!!!!!!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

The only difference would be the wifi...if you're going from the 8300 to the 8320.

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the 8320 feels more sturdier than the 8300. The 8300 feels so delicate.

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the 8320 feels more sturdier than the 8300. The 8300 feels so delicate.
    For $100 dollars more on eBay than I paid for my 8300 (I paid $250), it had better feel more sturdy lol

Like I said in a previous post on a different thread, according to Consumer Reports surveys covering a 7-day period regarding call quality, black holes, full circuits and dropped calls, in major metropolitan areas, Verizon came first, then T-Mobile, then AT&T, then Sprint. This is across the board except for Dallas, where AT&T is in 2nd place and T-Mobile is in third, and in Minneapolis T-Mobile is in first place. This proves that T-Mobile is in fact better than AT&T. I'm sure that when people switch, they will enjoy the better service.

I personally know how great T-Mobile is and I personally know how bad AT&T can be, in my area. My younger sister uses AT&T and about one in 5 calls she makes, just to me, gets dropped on her end while using the Samsung Blackjack or her Samsung Sync. I have also heard the call quality a couple of times, where I was at her house and she was on speaker phone. Sounded like a friggin robot, on and off speaker phone.

I'm sure people have had good service with AT&T but I personally can't say so.
    Last edited by sgtdisturbed47; 12-14-2007 at 04:13 PM.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

It depends on your coverage area, I find ATT to work well and TMO just doesn't for me. I haven't had a dropped call on ATT/Cingular for a year or so, so to me there is no reason to switch. Don't judge the service based on the Blackjack, it is a piece of crap phone, lol.

You pay $100 extra for new features and the newest model, that is how every piece of electronics works when it comes to the price of an older model versus the new model.

But the quality of service gets away from the point of this post, he isn't switching services, just from the ATT unlocked to a TMO, so I assume he has TMO.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I prefer AT&T they have the best coverage in so cal, and they are the biggest proberly in the world.

thewildside no está en línea Stack level 2

I made the move from att to tmobile bb

Just coz I hate att

ChrisMc73 no está en línea Stack level 3

I bought and unlocked an 8320 (Tmobile) and use it on my AT&T account, its great.
    No issues.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

I have an unlocked 8300, but I've been using it on T-Mobile (as I've been with them for many years - since Voicestream days). When I heard the 8320 was coming, I got excited, went to talk to my local T-Mobile corp store rep, and generally got prepared to buy the 8300 when it came out....

But when the time finally came, I gave it a lot of thought, and realized that there are SO few times when I don't have a usable cell phone signal but would, instead, have access to WiFi... I almost always have a good signal these days. The very few times I don't are places like the NYC subways, and the Amtrak/NJ Transit tunnel into NYC from NJ -- and I wouldn't have WiFi available there either.

I also have good signal at home.

In short - I don't need WiFi to improve my connectivity, although download speed might be improved somewhat. The only other incentive for UMA would be the no cost calling. But I already have leftover minutes in our plan every month, and I could add a few more hours per month for another $10. So free UMA calling isn't an incentive for me either.

Only thing left is that I love new gadgets and toys - and UMA is cool.

But in the end, I decided that I'd save my T-Mobile credit for the next gen phones coming up over the coming year. I don't know if it will happen, but I like to think that maybe T-Mobile will be one of the carriers to get a 9xxx when Blackberry releases it.

So...long answer to a brief question: I had an unlocked 8300, using it on T-Mobile -- and opted to stick with it when the 8320 came out. Haven't been disappointed at all - I love it. Best mobile device I've owned (and I've owned many). I've been using the Sing Tel OS since it was released, and the phone has been phenomenally stable. I have a ton of themes (including the way cool BBExtras themes, and I'd STILL like to know how he does what he does! Today+ and the christmas theme with animated home screen are both awesome), great apps, and it's been a great experience overall.

The 8320 would have been a fun upgrade, but there was truly no reason to 1) use up my upgrade subsidy from T-Mobile on this, and 2) spend the money - for something that really would not have made any difference in my particular situation.

- Jon

gk0820 no está en línea Stack level 2

"vinmontRD" Great answer, you really was wise to wait for the next upgrade. I switched from the 8300 with ATT to the Tmobile curve. I was having reception problems at home with ATT.The Tmobile curve has solved my problem with wifi being able to maintain service at home. I have tried Sprint, Alltel, ATT and hade spotty coverage with all these carriers.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i baught an 8320 unlocked it and have it running on att service. the service in my area is by far much better and for some reason the wi-fi is seemingly faster on att as opposed to tmobile.

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2

I had an unlocked 8300 running on tmo for 5 months and wasn't planning to upgrade because of the microSD card was still internal. I loved my 8300, best phone I've ever had and the only gripe I had was the internal SD card.
    Unfortunately for me, the metal ring around my trackball popped off when I sat on my phone. I've been due for an upgrade, so I bought a 8320 with a 1 year plan, only $50 more than 2y.
    I live in nyc, my reception is pretty good everywhere and I have a really good plan where minutes r never a concern. Nevertheless, I've grown to love the wifi option. Surfing on wifi is a lot better than edge which can be very frustrating. I'm thinking of bringing in a router to work so I can have wifi there
    In short, after upgrading to the 8320 from the 8300, I found that I'm enjoying the phone a lot more in ways I didn't expect to. Lastly, I don't plan on upgrading until tmo and rim roll out 3G so I'll probably be skipping the next year's new phones which works out well since I have a 1 year extension.

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2

I should also add that with an unlocked 8300 there a few minor annoying details running on tmo. One of these is that not all the tmo tzones links worked reliably such as checking minutes, acct details or downloads. I would often get a message that my phone wasn't supported. All of those work well now that I'm running a tmo branded curve.

alliej no está en línea Stack level 1
    I unlocked an ATT curve and am using on tmobile... wanted UMA to work but looks like i needed the 8320. OOPS. I will wait for next gen to come out - not willing to spend the cash for the upgrade. Only annoying thing is I cannot figure out how to get the tmobile aps on my phone - just want myfaves but it i have no idea how to do it....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast