Hi, I could use a little advice/help on creating some more space on my 8310 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Grampy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244E5B1E

How to manage e-mail folder---deleting items-BES

Advertisement

Hi,

I could use a little advice/help on creating some more space on my 8310 (yes---I read and followed the thread to delete junk files, etc.). I have a folder with many sub folders on my BES e-mail account. All items going into this folder are being saved on my BB folder and in Outlook.

I am now down to just 13 mb free on the BB, and need to start deleting items from this folder.

The question: When I delete the BB folder items, and when the device syncs with the BES wirelessly, will the items end being deleted in my Outlook folder as well? (I don't want that to heppen). If that will happen, how do I get rid of the items on the BB without losing them in Outlook, too?

Many thanks in advance~

P.S.---I just added VIIGO----Do all the subscribed channels feeds reside on the BB and take up memory?

Regards,
    Grampy

tdisom no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes RSS feeds do use memory but normally "Device" memory unless you have your phone configured to store them somewhere else. You have to clear what you do want or need on a daily basis or they will quickly start to add up on you memory. Now when you say free memory is it device memory or Memory card? If it is device memory Run the memory cleaner:

<Applications
    <Options ( usually an icon that looks like a wrench)
    <Security Options
    <Memory Cleaning

let the software do its magic. Remove battery for 20 seconds put it back in and see what happens.

If this doesn't free up more Device Memory, your problems is you probably have to many 3rd party (programs that didn't come pre-installed) programs installed (example) Themes, opera mini, Yahoo Go!, Games and so on. You will have to pick out what you must have and delete the 3rd party software you don't need.

If you are referring to a memory card the only way to free up memory is to delete things sorry to be the barer of bad news.

As for outlook syncing, you have to go into the desktop software click the <

<synchronize button
    <Configuration
    <Configure Synchronization

Here you should be able to select the folders in outlook you do and don't want to sync. Hope this helps.
    Cannnnnt Stoooooooop Tyyyyyyyping!!!!

PIN/ID
    244E5B1E
    Thanks TDISOM.

Memory cleaner was already configured to run every 5 min. However, I deleted some unwanted channels on VIIGO and got the free memory on the device up to 20mb from 13mb.

My question still persists------if I delete items from an e-mail folder (not inbox or sent), on the BB, will they end up being deleted from Outlook? NOTE: I am on BES and DO NOT use DM for synching and mail management.

Regards,
    Grampy

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    It depends on what your "delete on" options are set for under your messages>options>email reconciliation.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    agreed with DCook. If you want them off the device but remain on your mail server change the reconciliation options to delete only on handheld.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

PIN/ID
    244E5B1E
    OK---Thanks, folks. I set for "delete on handheld", did the deed, and my folder items in Outlook were preserved. Test---SUCCESSFUL----Thanks to the righteous Stackers on this forum.

Regards,
    Grampy