Please can anybody help me ,i started to update the system on my 8900 earlier ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gazboxer no está en línea Stack level 1

major problem help please

Advertisement

Please can anybody help me ,i started to update the system on my 8900 earlier today and caught the usb cable half way through the update causing my 8900 to hang after reading lots of threads on here i downloaded jl_cmdr and wiped the system...simple enough got reload software 507 so i started desktop manager 4.6.1 now it goes right through the setup until it gets to part 5/5 initializing device it sits at about 10% for around 40mins but it goes from the egg timer type thing to a complete white screen or it goes to a grey screen with t-mobile on it but then nothing,no egg timer nothing it just hangs,although i can reset it if i press alt sym del.has anybody got any ideas, oh rim/blackberry said it wouldnt be a problem to fix over the internet but they wanted $50 dollars.so it can be done somehow i just am at a loss.many thanks Gary

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Not going to cost you 50 bucks. Try going into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader. Once there click on the app loader icon (looks like a phone). Once you do that follow the instructions and let us know if it helped. If not we will go from there.

gazboxer no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi i have done that but it didnt work,i can get to the same stage just going to dm and choosing the apps to install and the c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader both hang at the last stage of the update initializing device

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Which OS version for the 8900 are you trying to load? Maybe try another one.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4