hello fellow pinstackers... for the past day, when i pull my phone from the holster, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

major memory leaks

Advertisement

hello fellow pinstackers...

for the past day, when i pull my phone from the holster, the hourglass spins continuously. ive managed to get to options, status, and i see my memory is at 0.

i have changed nothing recently on the device. i usually have ~20 megs free, and lately, notta...

i regularly run memory cleaner and alt lglg to empty the log, and im just not sure what else to check now.

any clues?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Have you downloaded anything new just prior to this happening?After a restart either Alt/Shift/Delete or a battery pull how much memory do you have? And then how fast does it go down? More details will be helpful so we can give you suggestions.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    No new downloads recently. After battery pull restart, memory starts around 22megs free and usually drops to 0 within a few hours. I've tried to monitor how quickly it falls, but I can't get more precise than that. I'd say that by the 2 hour mark, its hovering near 0mb free. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That is drastic especially if you did not download anything new prior to this behavior starting. So, no new themes, games anything? Did you update any of your current applications prior to this happening? Are you a viigo user, did you add a ton of feeds to it? Anything new or different in the recent time before this started? If absolutely nothing new...then maybe it's upgrade time....

What OS version are you running on your BB? Upgrading to a newer OS may help.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    I thought it was a bit much too. The only thing I did lately was upgrade to latest versions of gmail and google maps last weekend, but those had previously been on the device without issue. I'm running 4.5.0.55. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, it could be a problem with one of your upgraded apps. I don't use the gmail app, but did upgrade to the latest google maps. I have had more memory leak than normal, but nothing that drastic. I also downloaded opera mini and the facebook app at the same time so I'm not sure who my trouble maker is.

If I were you, I would try removing the 2 apps you just updated, one at a time if you can't give up both, and just see if that helps. Try to narrow down where the trouble is coming from. Often updated apps can cause trouble, new features causing issues. I don't think there is a newer official OS release for your device yet.
    Twitter? My Apps List

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are you on T-Mobile? I had the same issue when I upgraded to 4.5 OS. I didn't install any new applications or themes in the process. I notice that some applications I already had such as the weather program just didn't sit well with the 4.5 OS. I went right back to 4.2 and memory leak problem was fixed.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by absolved View Post
    Are you on T-Mobile? I had the same issue when I upgraded to 4.5 OS. I didn't install any new applications or themes in the process. I notice that some applications I already had such as the weather program just didn't sit well with the 4.5 OS. I went right back to 4.2 and memory leak problem was fixed.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yes... was a tmo customer until midnight last night... switched to att and different pda... no more memory leaks tho! :-)