I'm a BB newbie, and beginning to wonder why I spent all this money on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

abclissold no está en línea Stack level 1

Major calendar sync frustration!

Advertisement

I'm a BB newbie, and beginning to wonder why I spent all this money on this little thing. My main purpose was to have a comprehensive calendar that could sync easily with something...ANYTHING! After trying for more than a week to get my BB Curve 8330 (Sprint) to sync with Google calendar, I've scrapped that, tried to sync with Outlook, and still have yet to find anything that works. Before I completely got rid of my Gcalendar stuff I had one, ONE, moderately successful sync with Outlook that placed duplicate entries in my BB. Since then, I've not had any successful syncs. The little window chugs along, and when it says "one moment please" at the end, sometimes after the confirmation of additions/deletions, it stops and disappears!

So, what have I done? I've deleted all my G calendar stuff, including the calendar itself. I went in through DM and deleted all calendar entries in my BB. I have manually re-entered EVERYTHING into Outlook and tried both a one way and two way sync, and it still shuts down the sync before finishing. I've rebooted both the computer and the BB, I've pulled the battery. Short of chucking this hitech piece of gadgetry across the room, I believe I've tried everything. Why did I spend so much on this? Can someone please quickly stop me from sending the damn thing back? Something so expensive should not have so many issues on the CALENDAR!!!! Please help!

abclissold no está en línea Stack level 1
    eazid,
    Thanks for the pm. I couldn't reply because apparently I don't have 10 posts and that's the minimum. Here's what I tried to respond with....

I mean that the sync appears to be going fine...it shows that it's updating the calendar on both the device and the desktop in the progress window, then I just get a little 'kerchunk' sound and the window disappears. It never finishes, and the data is never transferred. Perhaps the most frustrating thing of all is that there are no error messages. The log even shows a successful sync! Why would you take my post down?

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    Try reinstalling the desktop manager , make sure anti-virus and firewall based applications are shut off . Try doing a sync after that , if that fails reinstall the blackberry OS , if not working at that point take it back to where you got it and make them swap it for a new one , and if you own a dell or mass manufactured pc then try updating your usb drivers . If you have multiple devices connected via usb try it with your blackberry only via usb , I'm talking everything but usb keyboard or mouse , because syncs fail sometimes due to not enough power to the usb port , or try doing the sync on a new user on your computer , will let you know if its a system wide issue or just user specific . . If you need help with any of the above , send add me to blackberry messenger I wish you luck my man !

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~