Isn't 1xev suppose to be a 3g equivalent? This phone can't stream anything smoothly and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

knightstar no está en línea Stack level 2

Major 8530 1xev Problem

Advertisement

Isn't 1xev suppose to be a 3g equivalent? This phone can't stream anything smoothly and all around its slower than the EDGE I had with my 8320 four years ago! On top of the streaming and general speed problem, it often times freezes(no arrow movement or goes from four or five bars to X when I haven't changed my physical location) for ~30 seconds. Any theories?(Or is this phone the junk it appears to be)

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Have you updated your PRL?

For VZW, check here.

For Sprint, go to options > mobile network > BB button > update preferred list.

I did what you said and it made a significant difference, at least in the way of the SPB TV app which now streams smoothly. Thank you.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by knightstar View Post
    I did what you said and it made a significant difference, at least in the way of the SPB TV app which now streams smoothly. Thank you.
    You're welcome.

I'm glad your streaming app is working better now.

Alright, I'm back with half of my original problem. This phone may stream better than it did before, but it still locks up around peak times(I'm guessing), namely between 10am to around 2pm(~lunchtime) every single weekday. Sometimes it will take significantly longer to go page to page, sometimes it'll shut down for a few minutes and other times it will reload the same page. I'm with Virgin and pay less than with the bigger names including its parent company, Sprint, but now I'm just curious if anybody else has noticed taking a backseat signal-wise during certain times of the day?