Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey I cant seem to figure out how to get any songs from my MBP ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Mort443 no está en línea Stack level 1

Macbook pro to 8300 transfers..

Advertisement

Hey I cant seem to figure out how to get any songs from my MBP to my 8300. I tried to blue tooth them but it would not work. Any help is appreciated.

Also on a side note... can I use a picture on my phone as my background menu?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Macbook pro to 8300 transfers..

You will need a memory card in the BB. Once you have that you can use the USB cable that came with it to just drag-n-drop the files onto the BB's memory card (under \BlackBerry\Music).

what do you mean by background menu? You can use any picture for the background on the home screen, but not sure what you mean for menu, assume you are referring to home screen though.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    You will need a memory card in the BB. Once you have that you can use the USB cable that came with it to just drag-n-drop the files onto the BB's memory card (under \BlackBerry\Music).

what do you mean by background menu? You can use any picture for the background on the home screen, but not sure what you mean for menu, assume you are referring to home screen though.
    Thanks for the help bud. I got the background the way I wanted already but still no music.

If I connect my BB to my laptop it doesn't read it. Would it read it if I got the memory card?.... Is there not any other way I can get music on here on a mac?

Thanks again.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Yes - once you get the memory card your BB will show up just like any other mounted device. As for BlueTooth, did you pair them successfully? Did it give an error?

I know it does work but I had a memory card then when I did it.

Yes - once you get the memory card your BB will show up just like any other mounted device. As for BlueTooth, did you pair them successfully? Did it give an error?

I know it does work but I had a memory card then when I did it.

When I try to send it says "Device does not have the necessary services"

No clue what that means.

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mort443 View Post
    When I try to send it says "Device does not have the necessary services"

No clue what that means.
    It means that iSync doesn't know what the BB is and how to sync with it. You'll need Missing Sync for Blackberry or PocketMac to sync with your Mac. If you are running 10.5.x then stay away from Pocketmac as it doesn't work right at all.

Your 8300 really doesn't have enough space for music without a MicroSD card so you might get a few songs on it but that's it. When you put an SD card in the Curve then OSX will mount it like any other media (ie. CD-ROM, DVD or USB Hard Drive) and then you can copy music to it. Missing Sync for BB has the ability to sync songs to your BB .. so check it out.
    Last edited by aergern; 11-22-2007 at 01:50 AM. Reason: I'm tired and fatfingered my response. :D
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by aergern View Post
    It means that iSync doesn't know what the BB is and how to sync with it. You'll need Missing Sync for Blackberry or PocketMac to sync with your Mac. If you are running 10.5.x then stay away from Pocketmac as it doesn't work right at all.

Your 8300 really doesn't have enough space for music without a MicroSD card so you might get a few songs on it but that's it. When you put an SD card in the Curve then OSX will mount it like any other media (ie. CD-ROM, DVD or USB Hard Drive) and then you can copy music to it. Missing Sync for BB has the ability to sync songs to your BB .. so check it out.
    This isn't completely accurate... (the iSync part, that is) - I don't use Missing Sync and send pics and songs via BT all the time

You will need the memory card as everyone has noted... when you go into bluetooth on the Mac > select send file... then browse and choose your file (usually via Finder)... > next select send > on your BB you have 1st go into the Media app (if its a song, go to music... if a pic to pictures...) as the Mac is trying to send hit menu on the BB and select "receive via bluetooth"

that should do it -

All this is assuming you have paired the Mac with the BB of course... good luck and let me know how it goes... again, i do this plenty w/o either of the apps noted above

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Thanks for all your help so far... I kinda got it working via bluetooth. I still have a couple questions... When I go into music then retrive via bluetooth it only shows me able to save it in ring tones.... How can i put it in the music folder? Also, is there a faster way to send then instead of one by one?

Thanks a bunch!

By the way I got a 1gb card now.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Thanks for all your help so far... I kinda got it working via bluetooth. I still have a couple questions... When I go into music then retrive via bluetooth it only shows me able to save it in ring tones.... How can i put it in the music folder? Also, is there a faster way to send then instead of one by one?

Thanks a bunch!

awesome, now put the card in, format it to be used and use the USB cable... MUCH faster than using bluetooth (can drag-n-drop multiple files vs BT one-by-one). You will also be able to put them all into the Music folder that way easily.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Thanks a bunch!

Glad it's workin for ya'... u can't do multiple files (i don't think so anyway), so pluggin it in would be faster for that...

but to move them to other folders, just scroll up to the ringtones folder and select a different one...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

awesome, now put the card in, format it to be used and use the USB cable... MUCH faster than using bluetooth (can drag-n-drop multiple files vs BT one-by-one). You will also be able to put them all into the Music folder that way easily.

How the heck do I formatt the card? I feel so dumb when it comes to using this phone.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

1. Go To Options
    2. Go To Media Card
    3. Hit Menu
    4. Select Format card

Hope that helps

I have about 80 songs on there now that will be deleted if I format.... what is the good of formatting? Sorry for so many dumb questions.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Backup your songs onto PC first then after format you can drag them back to the card.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I have about 80 songs on there now that will be deleted if I format.... what is the good of formatting? Sorry for so many dumb questions.
    To answer this part of your question:

Formatting a card basically insures that it is going to work right with your BB.
    Just like computers, memory cards have file systems, folders, etc.
    When you use your BB to format a card, it sets the card up the way the BB needs it to be in order to function properly.
    Now, for the most part, if you just pop in the memory card, it will usually work. Most BB's will allow you
    to store files on the card, regardless of whether you've formatted it or not.
    However, formatting a card is a very quick and painless procedure, so I recommend doing
    it the first time you pop the card into your BB.
    Formatting can also fix lots of problems too such as error messages, bad writes, etc.
    Always a good idea for best sd card performance
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 11-23-2007 at 05:50 AM.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast