I've had uppercase edge and/or uma maybe once since I've had my curve. Rest of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Cochese no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19215

lowercase uma and edge on TMO. WTF?

Advertisement

I've had uppercase edge and/or uma maybe once since I've had my curve. Rest of the time its lowercase. I noticed it happen after I installed jivetalk, deleted the OE I'm clients and let the phone reboot from prompt.Now the phone and data appear to work ok although slow. Uma says its connected at home here and my router SSID appears next to TMO but uma and edge won't go uppercase. Help!I tried registering in the HRT and no luck.Also, is there a soft reset program for the curve like the pearl? I put one of these clear plastic cases from ebay on and its a bitch to get off for a battery pull.Thanks all!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: lowercase uma and edge on TMO. WTF?

the same soft reset will work on the curve.

i have Jive Talk on mine with no problem.

Did you do a full device swap in DM? make sure you see the correct option under options mobile network that lets you pick WiFi Perfered.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Try wiping your device, this should fix the problem. I have jivetalk as well, and I have UMA all day

Cochese no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19215

I don't tink it has anything to do with JiveTalk per se, but it just happened to start at that time. the thing is, I also deleted the original IM clients through the applications menu on the handset at the sametime. Hmmm...

Just downloaded and installed Soft Reset. Now I don't have to worry about cracking this damn case. ;-)

I don't really want to have to wipe this damn phone. I had enough issues with the pearl. I did do a full device swap in DM, but I went to BBM.com and loaded the new certificates to re-enable UMA.

The problem isn't that I don't have UMA, it's that I have uma instead of UMA or out on the road, edge, instead of EDGE.

Any other ideas folks?

Thanks for the space.

Well, a soft reset just fixed it.

*shrug*
    Last edited by Cochese; 10-06-2007 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Give this thread a shot... it might be your problem... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sfer_your.html

thisguy10 no está en línea Stack level 3

i had this problem, i was talking to a tmo rep, we just resent my service books and it worked.

BBCurve87 no está en línea Stack level 1

just take out the battery every now and then, and u'll be fine

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2

yeah mine is doing this too.... hmmm looks like i have to call those bastards yet AGAIN... unless i can request the service books form my phone

EDIT:
    called them, done in less then 5 minutes. when it asks what your call is about, just say blackberry and you dont have to deal with the wait for all the low end help.
    Last edited by Ju1c3; 12-03-2007 at 04:47 PM.
    INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE

sorphin no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ju1c3 View Post
    yeah mine is doing this too.... hmmm looks like i have to call those bastards yet AGAIN... unless i can request the service books form my phone

EDIT:
    called them, done in less then 5 minutes. when it asks what your call is about, just say blackberry and you dont have to deal with the wait for all the low end help.

You can resend your svc books from the my.tmobile.com website, it's under the setting up an email account section.. (gee what a smart place to put it... *rolls eyes*)

BryanS no está en línea Stack level 2

You can do a reset by pressing alt-right shift-del at the same time.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

shogan8503 no está en línea Stack level 1

Its not your devices, there is a network issue due to it being overloaded. T-Mobile is in the process of looking into it and it should hopefully be fixed soon.