I just got my new Alltel 8330 yesterday and I am loving it! love the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Loving my new 8330.......so much free memory!

Advertisement

I just got my new Alltel 8330 yesterday and I am loving it! love the larger screen.....getting used to the full QWERTY......at the moment I kinda miss suretype...

The most awesome thing about this is the amount of free memory. I have added 4 themes, 4 games, telenav, viigo beta, where, yahoo onesearch(voice command), google maps, empower pro, plus many other smaller 3rd party apps, tons of web shortcuts/launchers and I still have 43mb free.

And I haven't even deleted much that came pre-installed...all I removed was the extra languages, help, and pre-loaded video.

I'm lovin this phone!!!

This proves that good can come from a troublesome situation. I dealt with 9 days worth of dropped calls and service issues and worthless CS support by phone. One trip to the Alltel store and I got my service restored within 24 hours, my son's phone early upgraded(9 months early) and now I have my new 8330 and he has my 8130.

Me + 2 BBs =
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3
    glad youre enjoying your new toy i love mine curve from sprint best smartphone ive ever had addicting too lol

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    I've got an 8330 from alltel too, and with: Jivetalk, WeatherEye, BBWeather, YWeather, Viigo (Beta), jmirc, bbwiki, freecell, solitaire legends, ka-glom, Klondike, Sudoku, Heroes Lore, Magnetic Joe, Worms 2007, Pinstack Launcher, Cursed, Frogger, I Took This On My Phone, Handmark Blackjack, Yahoo Messenger, Outbreak Control, and over 550 contacts, 61 BBM contacts, and over a couple hundred e-mails and texts each, and have just short of 30MB of free space, haven't had any troubles with stability or anything else. I absolutely love this phone to death.
    ----------------------------
    Blackberry Fanatic
    Amateur Photographer/StormShooter
    (PM me for Website/Photo Gallery)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    awesome AZ!!! didn't know you were getting a new bb! does the 8130 work for the kid? what was wrong with it?

my 13 yo is sporting my hubby's old 8100 (shh! don't tell the hubby) without a data plan. he loves it! most of all, he loves all my themes

you will NOT miss suretype in a few days. i got on the 8120 earlier to do some testing and got so frustrated with the suretype i wanted to throw it

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love my curve 8330 from verison also. Best blackberry I've had. Found tons of progs and apps for it and I love ma crackberry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    awesome AZ!!! didn't know you were getting a new bb! does the 8130 work for the kid? what was wrong with it?

my 13 yo is sporting my hubby's old 8100 (shh! don't tell the hubby) without a data plan. he loves it! most of all, he loves all my themes

you will NOT miss suretype in a few days. i got on the 8120 earlier to do some testing and got so frustrated with the suretype i wanted to throw it
    Haha I didn't know till earlier this week either . My 8130 is still working great....but there were issues with the cell tower near us so our signal was constantly jumping from 5 bars to 0, dropping calls, calls going straight to voicemail....for over a week. Kept calling CS and getting different stories from every person.....in the mean time my son's LG AX8600 was dying.....lots of texting issues, and it was just out of warranty......so because of all the trouble we had and how long it took to fix...they allowed an early upgrade on my sons phone, I bought the curve and switched numbers with him so I have the Curve and he has my Pearl(with a data plan...with alltel they won't let you have a BB activated without a data plan)

So it was a perfect Happy Birthday present to me on Friday

I'm sure I'll be used to the QWERTY and hating suretype in no time........I am really loving this Curve!!
    Twitter? My Apps List

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    he has my Pearl(with a data plan...with alltel they won't let you have a BB activated without a data plan)
    I don't know how alltel gets away with that....They just have to get their hand further into your pocket...

Verizon does the same thing.......and adding a second smartphone with a data plan only cost me $20 more per month.....meh....not a big deal...plus what's the fun of having a BB without a data plan??
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by dhyde79 View Post
    I've got an 8330 from alltel too, and with: Jivetalk, WeatherEye, BBWeather, YWeather, Viigo (Beta), jmirc, bbwiki, freecell, solitaire legends, ka-glom, Klondike, Sudoku, Heroes Lore, Magnetic Joe, Worms 2007, Pinstack Launcher, Cursed, Frogger, I Took This On My Phone, Handmark Blackjack, Yahoo Messenger, Outbreak Control, and over 550 contacts, 61 BBM contacts, and over a couple hundred e-mails and texts each, and have just short of 30MB of free space, haven't had any troubles with stability or anything else. I absolutely love this phone to death.
    Glad to hear that it seems more stable.....that means I can keep loading a few more things on here and not worry
    Twitter? My Apps List