I just updated the Curve (8300) OS on the device and now I don't have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

robchow no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Lost "switch application" in menu

Advertisement

I just updated the Curve (8300) OS on the device and now I don't have the "switch application" option on the menus various applications. Does anyone know how to get this back?

Thanks

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Lost "switch application" in menu

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~which version of the os have you upgraded to?

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

Re: Lost "switch application" in menu

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If you are already pressing the sym button and back button and its not working then I would just recommend reinstalling the OS. It sounds like something got deleted during the first update. Good luck and let us know.

Question Re: Lost "switch application" in menu

I have OS version 4.2.2.89 (rel 186). This is the one I downloaded as shown in the 8300 forum above entitled AT&T Curve OS Now Available.

I have tried multiple OS reinstall. I original thought that it might have been me chaning the platform.alx to remove PTT (Push to Talk) from the device as well as changing the blackberry.alx to get more themes but after updating with the original files, the "switch application" option is still missing in the application's menu. Currently to solve my switching, I set up the right convenience key to display to application switcher.

Are there any other thoughts on how to get the "switch application" option on the menu?

Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Lost "switch application" in menu

The "switch application" in menu returned. Here is what I found.

If you have a convenience key set to "application switcher," the option won't be available in the menu.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by robchow
    The "switch application" in menu returned. Here is what I found.

If you have a convenience key set to "application switcher," the option won't be available in the menu.
    Hmmm, y'know, you're right. I have a side key set for switch application too, have for a week, I never noticed it wasn't in the menu until you mentioned it. Tucker