Has anyone had this problem on the 8310. Several times since switching from the 8300 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

txmike17 no está en línea Stack level 2

Lost Emails and TXT msgs

Advertisement

Has anyone had this problem on the 8310. Several times since switching from the 8300 to the 8310 I Lose my txt msgs history and emails. They just go away. The phone slows down and power down doest no help. I have to do a battery pull. After the battery pull all works fine again. I have a 2gb sd card so memory is not an issue. Any ideas?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Lost Emails and TXT msgs

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~BB has no way to use the storage card except to store pics, ringtones, and videos (and also for mass storage location). Your problem is that you don't have enough free memory (so that is the exact problem). BBs are designed this way that when they get low on memory they purge their texts,sms, and emails. Powering down the device does nothing to clear the memory like other devices, you must do a soft reset (left ALT, right SHIFT, and delete key pressed in unison or the battery pull as you have discovered). Their are numerous posts and guides on the stack to step you through the freeing of your memory. I would find and link to help but is hard to do when on the BB. Search for it and you will find it.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

txmike17 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey Thanks both of you! I was under the assumption that with the sd card installed that when your memory is short that it uses the sd card. I had that problem on my 8300 for the 1st week until i got that sd card then never seen the problem again. Thanks for the tips.
    Mike